We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in SoBe and sushi question

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis
reviews: 80
Breakfast in SoBe and sushi question

Any good places for breakfast in the South Beach area? Looking for anything, cheap basics or more expensive ecclectic. Maybe something with a good patio? I've looked through this forum but couldn't seem to find any specific places mentioned. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Also, it seems like Tony Chan's (is that right? I just remember the Tony's part) is the best place people recommend on here for sushi in the area. True? Again, not looking for anything hip or expensive necessarily, could be a hole in the wall for all I care...just want some great sushi!!

Thanks again!

Trenton, New Jersey
reviews: 20
1. Re: Breakfast in SoBe and sushi question

pearlbob,

I'd try the News Cafe, at 8th and Ocean, for breakfast.

Tony Chan's is not in Miami Beach--it's in the Doubletree Grand Hotel in Miami proper on North Bayshore Drive, which is adjacent to the Venetian Causeway. Worth the trip though. If you have a car you can drive it in about 10-15 minutes, or take a taxi.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 3
2. Re: Breakfast in SoBe and sushi question

Pearl>

The first problem might be that there are TWO forums and the better for South Beach is the Miami Beach Forum.

Print these out before you get here:

southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

Best sushi on South Beach is at Bond Street on Collins but there are plenty of reliable places all around the beach including Sushi Saigon or Tony Sushi on Washington, Sushi Samba or Sushi Doraku on Lincoln...

There is a fun "sack lunch" spot on 14th called Le Sandwicherie to take out to picnic on the beach. It's just west of Collins.

There is a casual "happy hour" pub on 14th and Ocean called Finnegans where you can relax in the afternoons and have a few drinks on special from 4-7pm I think... They have nightly dinner specials on the grill.

Up on Liberty Ave there is another steak grill that's all about soccer where you can eat on the patio and watch the games. Liberty Grill is tucked between 2 apartments at 1925 Liberty Avenue just east of the Convention Center. Very VERY reasonably priced grill platters served with chips and beer...

Everyone should enjoy a night at Taverna Opa, a Greek restaurant with a lively patio and dancing on the tables. 136 Ocean.

Have breakfast at Front Porch Cafe at 14/Ocean.

Mr Chu's Chinese is a great deal of fun for lunch as they wheel around little carts of Chinese tid-bits. You get to peek at the carts and choose from little plates to try a few cool dishes. There are also lots of good little choices on the dessert cart. Dumplings steamed and fried are served along with more traditional dishes. The place is known for their Peking style duck as well. 9/Washington (lunch or dinner)

Take everyone to Big Pink 2/Collins for giant burgers, delicious breakfasts (a full bar) and a fun crowd all day and night.

Take everyone for a stroll on Lincoln Road and enjoy Thai and Japanese food at Sushi/Siam, pizza by the slice at Pizza Rustica, brunch at Ice Box Cafe, ice cream at the Frieze Ice Cream factory on Michigan and also a great new hi-tech bowling nightclub (full bar) called Lucky Strike (kids alowed til 9pm).

Have fun!

AG

Memphis
reviews: 80
3. Re: Breakfast in SoBe and sushi question

Oh my gosh! I feel so dumb!!! I have never noticed there is a separate Miami Beach forum. Well, thank you for the in depth ideas though....I will see if I can find more things on my own on the other forum. Searching the correct forum would have probably helped me before. :-/

4. Re: Breakfast in SoBe and sushi question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, August 29, 2009