We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central NY
reviews: 19
DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

Just made reservations using our HHonors points at the DoubleTree Suites in Melbourne Beach for February 2014. I'm a little confused about breakfast arrangements. I saw a few reviews and comments referring to a "complimentary hot breakfast", but don't see any reference to such a thing on their website, just the complimentary "cookie" upon arrival [:-) Just wondering what we should expect for breakfast arrangements.

Also, when I made the reservation, I chose "oceanfront" room. From what I've read here, ALL their rooms are oceanfront - I assume that means you can see and hear the ocean from your room, and not only from some public area in the hotel. However, when I checked my HHonors reservations, there was an option for "Request Upon Arrival" - with a page where you can request wine, beer, other beverages and food upon arrival....but the last item listed is, for an additional $20 per room, you can request "high floor, oceanfront suite". I'm assuming, that since it's been stated that ALL the rooms are oceanfront, that what you are paying extra for is to have a higher floor, not having to pay extra to get an oceanfront suite.

It's all rather muddy to me. Can anyone shed light on either of these questions?

6 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 82
1. Re: DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

Cant help you with the breakfast except to say there are some good breakfast places to eat nearby if they don't have the complimentary. Blueberry Muffin is very popular and is about 2 to 3 miles south fo the hotel. The Scrambled Egg is a couple miles norht of the hotel in the Lowes Plaza. I actually like them for lunch, they have some really good stuff on the menu. And there is a Bagel shop on Eau Gallie Blvd, just around the corner.

This entire hotel faces the ocean and all rooms are oceanfront. However the lower couple of floors may have some view blockage due to the high dunes and vegetation around the hotel. I would say 3rd floor or higher for a decent view.

As for the beverages on arrival not sure what they may charge for that but there is a Winn Dixie with a liquor store almost right across the street and a Publix with a liquor store about 2 miles away. There is also a small Walmart in the same plaza as Winn Dixie.

If you click on the Hotels tab above you will find the traveler reviews and photo's for the hotel. That may help answer some of your questions too.

Orlando
reviews: 2
2. Re: DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

There is a restaurant in the hotel with a limited menu. They may have a breakfast buffet in the restaurant too, but I forget. I believe you can get coupons as an HHoners member that will be credited toward your breakfast. All of the rooms are oceanfront. You can see and hear the ocean from your room. I believe they allow pets on the lower or lower two floors.

If, for whatever reason you don't like the breakfast option, there was nothing wrong with the Scrambled Egg the last time I was there. There is also a bagel place on Eau Gallie a couple of blocks from the beach called Corey's that is very good.

Ditto on the beverage selection. There is also a Sunoco convenience store not far from there that has a surprising amount of microbrews for a store of that size.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
3. Re: DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

I know, beer on tap at the gas station, whats next!!!

Orlando
4. Re: DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

I didn't see it on tap, but I saw more microbrews than at my local Publix. I saw quite a few from the beer magazines. If I didn't abuse myself with the IPAs the night before, I saw a few that I wanted. :)

Edited: 12:46 pm, October 14, 2013
Orlando
5. Re: DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

Microbrews and frozen bait at one location. How can you go wrong?

Edited: 12:47 pm, October 14, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
6. Re: DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions

I know! Yes, the Sunoco stations now have the micro's on tap, they sell you a gallon or maybe its a quart jug and you pick which one and fill it yourself. No free samples tho!!! We first found it in South Carolina then saw it was here too.

I do like the Egg for breakfast but actually like The Village better altho its not beachside. George and Debbie at the Egg used to own South Beach Pizza. He's a great chef. I used to work right down the street, so could go there a lot. Just tried the new italian place out front Jana Marias. It was very good.

Reply to: DoubleTree Oceanfront Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted