We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Keewaydin Excursion and Reasonable GOOD Food Ideas

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubuque
reviews: 14
Best Keewaydin Excursion and Reasonable GOOD Food Ideas

We will be in Marco Island March 3-6 and want to go shelling one of the days. Which of the MANY boating companies offer the best trip to Keewaydin Island? It looks like the majority of them have good reviews, so it's hard to know which one to choose. It's just the two of us and we're in our late 30s/early 40s. Would love to see some dolphins along the way, too...is that a reasonable hope?

Also looking for GOOD food recommendations, nothing too pricey. We're big pizza people, but I think we'll head up to Rosedale in Naples for that. Is there a good place for fish tacos?

We will be staying at the Marco Island Marriott.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 34
1. Re: Best Keewaydin Excursion and Reasonable GOOD Food Ideas

If you search Lee Bee Fish on this forum, folks say that the fish tacos there are very good.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
2. Re: Best Keewaydin Excursion and Reasonable GOOD Food Ideas

Unfortunately good food and not too pricey don't match up on Marco. The cheapest food you'll find will be at places like Burger King, McDonalds, Little Caesar's Pizza, Arby's etc.. which of course, isn't good food.

The Sand Bar has reasonable prices as does Porky's but again, not sure if I'd consider this to be good food. The Sand Bar has mainly pub grub and Porky's has a bit more selection but is average at best. The Crazy Flamingo also has reasonable prices but again, it's pretty mediocre. Same goes for Rookies....pub grub, reasonable but average.

If you like Pizza there is Joey's Pizza on Collier Blvd. The pizza is good and the prices are pretty fair.

NY
reviews: 9
3. Re: Best Keewaydin Excursion and Reasonable GOOD Food Ideas

I second LeeBeFish for fish tacos.

NeNe's now has a dinner menu that includes 8oz filet mignon and a lobster tail for 21.95. I have not been there for dinner but I know a few folks who have and they said it was good.

Aruro's has a take out special if you order between 430 and 6 you get 25% off your bill! The food is delicious and plentiful.

Another take out deal is michelbob's ribs. They have a rib and chicken plus fixins' for around $20. I believe that will serve 2.

Dubuque
reviews: 14
4. Re: Best Keewaydin Excursion and Reasonable GOOD Food Ideas

Thanks for all the recommendations!

We booked Cool Beans for a shelling cruise. They said they stopped at Sand Dollar Island, so I guess not Keewaydin, but hopefully the shelling is still good.

Reasonable is a relative term I suppose. I just don't want too many $100 dinner bills (for 2 people anyway). I think we'll definitely hit up LeeBeFish for fish tacos. We also made reservations at Bistro 821 in Naples for our last night. We were thinking an appetizer/bar food night would be good...maybe CJ's? Hoot's looks good for breakfast. It's hard to decide based on reviews because it seems there is a bad one for every good one or else I don't like the online menu! Any recommendations for crab cakes?

5. Re: Best Keewaydin Excursion and Reasonable GOOD Food Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2014