We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 hours on Marco

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
5 hours on Marco

We r in Naples and want to see Marco. We only have about 5 hours, what should we do or see? We would go on Sunday. Thanks

Knoxville
1. Re: 5 hours on Marco

Good choice to go and see Marco!! Drive around the island awhile, look at the burrowing owls, search the canals for manatees, go to Sunshine Booksellers, visit Caxambas (look for dolphins) and/or Mackle parks, walk around the Esplanade and get an ice cream from Coldstone, take a drive to Tigertail Beach and bird watch, eat at one of the many restaurants . . . I could go on and on!! The beauty of Marco is how laid back and relaxed it is. There aren't specific things you must do while on Marco, it is more about experiencing the beauty of Marco. I don't quite know how to explain it, but just BEING on the island is special!!:)

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 34
2. Re: 5 hours on Marco

In my opinion, unless you get out and actually walk the beach, you cannot appreciate what Marco is all about. The beach is long and wide and can easily handle even the Easter week crowd. Also, you can walk the beach and not even feel the presence of the condos because the beach is so long and wide. If you walk to the very tip of the beach (past Tigertail), you will experience a very unspoiled area of the beach which few folks travel to. Then, stay long enough to watch the sunset -- maybe sit at Stilts, Quinns or Sunset Grille and enjoy a beverage while watching the sunset. It is hard to replicate this beach experience. Then, if you drive around and check off a few things suggested by marcomamma, do not forget to remind yourself that there is not all of the traffic on the island that you experience everywhere else.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
3. Re: 5 hours on Marco

My top thoughts

- See a Marco sunset ... it is easier to park at South Beach at sunset

- Walk Tigertail Beach (Hideaway beach if you look at the tide table)

- See the Eagle nest

- Jet Ski the 10,000 islands

- rent a pontoon and do the backwater of Keywadin/Marco/Goodland

- Stan's on Sunday for some beer, adult embarrassing and colorful humor

4. Re: 5 hours on Marco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 17, 2014