We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

Hi

Has anyone stayed at the Marco Island Hilton during the Aug 2012 construction? Is it noisy (is this a major remodel with jackhammers etc ?)

thanks

san francisco
reviews: 44
1. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

I am most interested in this topic! 5 days there end of August.

Houston
2. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

That's when I'll be there. I talked with one of the managers on the phone and she said the construction is starting at the top floor and moving down one floor at a time. The construction crews use service elevators so as not to bother the guests. Construction is from 10-5 during the day.

I'd still love to hear from someone who is staying there now as to the noise level.....

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
reviews: 7
3. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

I haven't heard of the construction ... I usually read about things like this in the Marco News .... can anyone provide a link to a press release or newspaper article? Thanks

Schaumburg, Illinois
reviews: 1
4. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

We just got back last Sunday. Though we stayed elsewhere, my brother and his family stayed at Hilton last week and noise was unbearable on some days. They start real early and he did voice a complaint and got a % off stay( the employees were very understanding). Also, several days, they periodically turned off water and that wasnt gonna work for a vacation stay.

Merrick, New York
5. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

I will be at the Hilton from 9/14-9/18..GIRLS TRIP .so I am worried about the construction. Hilton of course is posting that it will not interfere with our stay. Really? Of course we will make a complaint if there is noise or any discomfort because of the construction especially since Hilton did not advise me of this construction when I made the reservations. I am using over 240,000 Honor points for this stay so how would I get compensated for any inconvenience?.....

san francisco
reviews: 44
6. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

We never did get to Marco Island because of Isaac. But I had called the hotel the week before and talked with a couple of people ... because I'm a HHonors Diamond, I was told that my room would be far away from any construction. I was mostly concerned about "turning off the water" and was assured that it would be maybe an hour in the middle of thd day which would not impact our stay. If y'all want to sleep late, etc, it sounds like there could be a noise problem. I've stayed at lots of hotels during construction and have never been bothered at all. I would telephone and talk with the front desk, as they know the layout of the hotel and exactly where the construction is and can put you in the best location.

Edited: 1:38 pm, September 09, 2012
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
reviews: 7
7. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

Article on Hilton construction

marconews.com/news/…

8. Re: Marco Island Hilton Aug 2012 construction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 16, 2013