We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
reviews: 7
Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

I'll start .... Friends just came back from 3 weeks on Marco. They said July was fabulous and they plan to do it again next year ... no crowds, and fantastic weather. I questioned them about the July weather and they said ... "it was cooler (both high temp and humidity index) in Marco, we checked the weather every day and compared Dayton Ohio and Marco" ... they would rather have the breezes in Marco than the hot breezes and humidity of Dayton Ohio.

What is your July Marco Story???

Edited: 2:37 pm, August 11, 2012
NY
1. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

We have a similar story. I arrived the end of June on the tail end of Debby. This was our first extended stay on Marco. We stayed for nearly 4 weeks.

Things I noticed-

Was not as hot as it was up in NY.

Rain seemed to stay in Naples most days (excluding Debby)

No crowds on the beach or in restaurants.

Definitely smart to seek out a traffic light when turning left :) In season

must be impossible!!

Friendly people!

Consignment shops... nuff said :)

Never made it to Goodland or Isle of Capris. Just so much to see/do

we ran out of time.

You need a good umbrella with a screw in anchor on the beach- the

sun is very strong as is the breeze!

There is always a nice crowd of people at CJ's for their happy hour

even if it isn't Thursday.

We are heading back this Tuesday to check out August :) but will definitely be spending every end of June- mid July in Marco ( in addition to February and Easter break during the school year).

Edited: 8:30 am, August 12, 2012
Houston
2. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

4 weeks?! Wow,Where did you stay?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 147
3. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

4 weeks and you didn't have the chance to get to Goodland or Capri? Goodland is basically just one end of Marco. You definitely have to go next time. Much too close not to go to both.

NY
4. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

We just bought our condo and spent much of the time getting that together and checking out the part of the island closer to home. We had only visited the Island once before for 4 days in April. We spent that time looking at properties, going to contract, having the place inspected etc. So when we arrived at the end of June we had some serious looking around to do!! We knew nothing about the Island (except what friends had told us) much less the neighborhood we purchased in! A little impulsive but we could not have picked a better location! I would like to get to both Goodland and Isle of Capri but if not this time, we'll figure it out in Feb or March when things are in full swing.

Knoxville
reviews: 4
5. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

lob- You do know it only takes about 30 minutes to drive from Marco to Goodland to Isles of Capri and BACK to Marco, don't you?? It's just funny, because listening to you, it sounds as if it's a long drive. Really, you should see both of them . . . they are different from Marco, but very special in their own ways. Neither place takes very long to drive around and sightsee.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 147
6. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

I barely consider Goodland a separate place from Marco. Its just one end of the island. You'll love it there. I am beyond jealous that you moved to Marco. Beyond jealous!!

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 4
7. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

Agree with Jackie! Color me GREEN!! Also agree that Goodland is just an extention of Marco. Just around the corner. Go enjoy!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
8. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

It took me years after going to Marco ... to learn ... Goodland is on Marco Island. When you are on the beach spending hours... everything seems far away even Goodland ... but everything you need is on Marco.

NY
9. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

well, that's the thing Red- we just run out of time!! But- we made it to Goodland yesterday. Certainly a bit of a ghost town this time of year but it was great to finally get out there and explore! Found the potted toilet bowls :) We are really looking forward to February when things are up and running.

NY
10. Re: Recent Visitors ... Give us a Full Report

Yes Momma- we know it is really a stones throw but as Red says- we just run out of time. We are beach lovers and spend most of our day there. Then we have regular places we enjoy for happy hour and before you know it the day is gone!