We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 13
If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

What are some of you other favorite beach vacation spots?

We love the MI Marriott, have been 3 times in last 3 years. I feel like we have set out bar so high now that it's difficult to find comparable vacation spots. The beach, shells, pools, wait service on beach, chairs, umbrellas, water activities easily accessible, safe, clean, are some of our favorite features.

We will still return to the MI Marriott, but would like to alternate with other similar spots- do they exist? Prefer Marriott properties (points) but open to anything great, any location.

Thanks in advance!

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 4
1. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

Marriott Maui Ocean Club is the only one we've ever found that comes close. Hotel is great , but much more expensive. The beach is not nearly as nice. Stick to Marco.

Boston...
reviews: 13
2. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

Thanks Turnerbudd! I was afraid of that answer! LOL

I like to see new places, but I hate to take the risk of being disappointed! I am already planning our next Marco trip, but I don't want to overdose on it and ruin it, kwim? Though it is such a perfect paradise for us (and a 3 hour direct flight) I don't think I'll ever get sick of it! :)

Edited: 9:38 pm, June 07, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 43
3. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

I have recently returned from MI Marriott, which we found almost by accident,back inthe early 90's, have been many times since, and have NEVER got tired of it. We've seen many changes, but still love it. Have tried other beaches, other hotels, including those on Maui,Kuaii, Hilton Head Island, various parts of Thailand, nothing, comes close to Marco and the Mariott. It always calls us back. So now we ignore those friends who ask why we keep going back, and just go and enjoy ourselves.

Edited: 6:11 am, June 08, 2012
reviews: 17
4. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

I know this is not a marriot but we absolutely loved loved loved the Westin on St. John USVI I was an amazing expirence the rooms were great and the resort properties were beautiful, the beach at the hotel wasn't perfect but the hotel offered free shuttles to other beaches that were stunning! Great for kids or adults lots of activities and great island atmosphere. This is the only other hotel we have ever been able to compare to the Marriot on Marco! We have tried staying at other vacation clubs but never a comparison! I have heard some gret things about the Marriot Vacation Club in the Newport Coast in Cali so we are looking into that for our upcoming vacation.

Westin: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147410-d147568…

Newport Coast Villas: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32780-d250125-…

Ellicott City...
reviews: 41
5. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

We are total Marriott people and rarely stay anywhere else - we usually plan our vacations around where there is a Marriott resort! Some of the best Marriott properties I can recommend are the Los Suenos Marriott in Costa Rica, Marriott St. Kitts and JW Marriott Camelback in Scottsdale. All amazing properties. Pool at the Los Suenos is the best I've ever seen.

Cincinnati, OH
6. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

If not Marco, then loudly second J.W Scottsdale. Absolutely amazing!

Jackson, New Jersey
reviews: 3
7. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

Hi, We are probably coming back to the Marriott there maybe in late November. We stayed at the hotel last year with Marriott points. It was a stunningly beautiful property but our main gripe was that they put us into a room at the very,very end of the wing to the right of the main registration area. It took forever to get to and from our beautiful room and I guess we should have asked the clerk where, exactly, the room was before they brought our luggage all the way down to no-man's land. I have injuries from a car accident and walking far is very painful. Are there rooms in the registration/front desk area on that floor or just "in the wings"? Thanks so much!

ohio
8. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

I too love love love the Marco Island Marriott. In fact, I'm going back in September for our 5th visit. We are big Marriott people too and have visited many Marriott properties. I also love Scottsdale Camelback but I've heard great things about the JW Scottsdale. We have also visited the Mrytle Beach Marriott (timeshare) which reminds me of the Marco Island Marriott. Aruba was great, but the resort was a bit dated compared to Marco. But-Im really looking forward to the Newport Coast Villas next month!

Cincinnati, OH
9. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

jerseyjjill - you got one of best rooms at the resort. The farther down the hall the room, the better the view. If you stayed on points, they considered you a VIP. So you got upgraded to a much better "view." It is quite a trek from the elevators to the 'VIP" rooms. I'm guessing you did not tell them about your pain issues. They would have accommodated you. We once took out daughter to recover after knee surgery. She couldn't walk. We had "Ocean Front" rooms. (At the very end of the tower.) They provided us with all kinds of accommodations. If the trek is still an issue for you, call in advance and tell them. They will be more than willing to help you. Don't give up the room with the view because of the length of the hall way. Bon Voyage!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
reviews: 7
10. Re: If you LOVE the Marco Island Marriott...

I have always recommended the Marriott on Marco. Everyone needs to stay there once. It is an impressive hotel. But I enjoy less people, peace and quiet, closer to the beach, house size rooms, less expensive, and the comforts of home. So I recommend a luxury condo on Marco beach. I can hear the waves crashing on shore, each night laying in bed, with the sliding door open.