We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Rental

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
reviews: 12
Boat Rental

Hi

We'll be staying on Marco at the end of July in a villa with a boat dock, we would like to rent a boat for a couple of days, and just wondered if any of the boat rental companies deliver boats to villas. The thing is if you have to pick up the boat from the boatyard, how would we get our car back to the villa as my husband is the only driver and I wouldn't drive the boat either.

We're from the UK by the way, which is why I wouldn't be driving the car.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Jo

Essex
1. Re: Boat Rental

Can anyone help with this one please?

Jo

London, United...
reviews: 43
2. Re: Boat Rental

Classic taxi will take you anywhwere on the island for $6. You could take a taxi to pick up the boat, and come back together in it. I have to say, driving in Marco isn't difficult, after a few days you'll know your way around fairly well.

Edited: 4:52 pm, June 09, 2012
Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
3. Re: Boat Rental

I'm pretty sure the boat rental companies will certainly deliver the boat to your villa.....for the right price. Just ask them if it's possible.

It's the USA remember? Anything for the right price. The downfall is that I think they will charge you an arm and a leg for this extra service.

Clare1066 offers up a fine solution. It just won't be as convenient as having it delievered to your dock but it will be far cheaper.

Essex
4. Re: Boat Rental

Thank you both for your replies, I think you are probably right about a steep extra charge. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about a taxi, even though we plan to use them in the evenings, my brain must have switched off!!!

Thanks again, taxi will be the way to go.

Jo

London, United...
5. Re: Boat Rental

Hi Jo If you are planning to eat out in the evenings, thought you might like to know that some of the many restaurants will provide complimentary transport to and fro. They are CJ''s on The Bay, Mango 's Bistro. (Both of these at The Esplanade and worth a visit, nice water views) Snook Inn, Marco Polo, Bistro Soleil, and I think there is another one, possibly Verdi's. enjoy, and please post back to let us know how you got on.

Essex
6. Re: Boat Rental

Thanks so much for that Clare, we are planning to go to CJ's and Mango's, so this would be great news. Verdi's is within walking distance of our villa, but I wasn't sure that would be suitable for teenagers, it looks quite grown up. They are old enough and properly behaved, but it looks the sort of place that I would go with just my husband, so I discounted that.

My other thoughts are O'Briens, Cocomos and either Porkys Last Stand or Toucans, have you ever been to any other the above. Trying to get a mix of the two nice ones at the top, mixed with the more casual. Would love to hear of any recommendations, nothing to do with Boat Rental though lol!!

Jo

London, United...
7. Re: Boat Rental

O'Briens has VERY adult entertainment at weekends! Food average. We prefer DaVinci, next door to it. reasonably priced, indoor or outdoor seating. opinions vary about the Snook, always busy, won't take reservations, but worth a visit for its wonderful situation. You could even go by boat to it. Have not tried the others you mention. Agree about Verdi's, nothing on the Island is really formal, especially in the heat of summer, but I think you are right about more grown- up. Clare

Essex
8. Re: Boat Rental

Thanks for that Clare, we would only be there mid week, but think you may have put me off O'Briens a bit. I might find an alternative, my husband not very keen on Italian food when we go out as we have a lot at home.

Jo

9. Re: Boat Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 pm, June 21, 2013