We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Week in Dec...

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska...
One Week in Dec...

My wife and I are heading down in early Dec. and staying at the Marriott Crystal Shores. This will be our first time down and are looking to hit some of the highlights of the island as well as just relaxing on the beach. Recommendations? We're thinking about possibly choosing between fishing and an Everglades tour. Or maybe a catamaran around and stopping for shells. Also looking for good restaurant recommendations. Thanks for everyone's help!

Knoxville
reviews: 7
1. Re: One Week in Dec...

I would recommend you rent a pontoon for a day and go exploring on your own. The 10,000 islands area is absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful place to explore,. If you go to Charlie at Isles of Capri Marina, he will explain to you how to safely operate the boat and explain local navigation (it can be tricky at low tide). You might also want to venture into the Everglades and maybe head to Shark Valley to bike or take a tram around the 16-mile loop. SO many wonderful ways to discover South Florida - I think you'll LOVE the Marco Island area!!

The one restaurant I would recommend above all others is Marker 8 on Goodland. It looks like a hole in the wall, but has wonderful people and fabulous food!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 166
2. Re: One Week in Dec...

There's a nice restaurant at the Crystal Shores called Stilts. Never been there in December but assume it's open then. Great views. You can find many forum posts of favorite restaurants. Also, check out the Marco Review magazine online at www.marcoreview.com for restaurant and activity recommendations.

We like Joey's and Crazy Flamingo. Also, Sunset Grille on the beach. Capri Fish House.

3. Re: One Week in Dec...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:00 am, April 15, 2012
Aurora, IL
reviews: 113
4. Re: One Week in Dec...

Check out the reviews on TA for restaurants, they will not steer you wrong. Davinci's is across from Crystal Shores and is delicious! We also love the Sand Bar and Capri Fish House.

Omaha, Nebraska...
5. Re: One Week in Dec...

Thanks for everyone's replys. We're looking forward to our trip.

Rockaway Park, New...
reviews: 41
6. Re: One Week in Dec...

My husband always does a split charter at Sunshine tours in the marina on Bald eagle drive.

We also rent kayaks from the isles of capri.

Check out the Esplanade at night, nice atmosphere, coldstone creamery, marina, some restaurants.

We love the eating at the sand bar, coccomo's, capri fish house, old marco lodge, nene's for breakfast, davide's for pizza and lots of yummy italian food.

milford
reviews: 2
7. Re: One Week in Dec...

We just returned from a trip to Marco Island and had a fantastic combination eco-tour/fishing trip with Captain Wayne Davis of Focus-One Charters. While on the boat he showed us the islands and the area wildlife, including dolphins, birds, and sea turtles. It was our daughter's first time fishing and we couldn't believe how much fun we had. We caught several kinds of fish (red fish, puffer fish, trout, and jack fish) including a couple that were 24 and 26 inches long. It was one of our most memorable tours we've ever taken and we would recommend contacting Captain Wayne Davis to anyone interested in a boat tour/charter fishing while visiting Marco Island.

Marco Island...
8. Re: One Week in Dec...

would like to have this posted to my review page that i have set up

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 4
9. Re: One Week in Dec...

Have gone for many years and can only say enjoy that gorgeous white sand. Walk it hand in hand.

Marco Island...
reviews: 1
10. Re: One Week in Dec...

The Marco Walk Plaza is right across from Crystal Shores, and it has a lot of entertainment options.

Nacho Mama has awesome happy hour specials with live music, the movie theater is unique that it has movie/dinner specials in the theaters, Off The Hook Comedy Club has live comedy shows Thursday thru Sunday nights, and Rookies also has live music! All within walking distance, so you can let loose haha.