We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
reviews: 2
Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

Is there an optimal place to buy a few lbs of stone crab for a decent price that will be fresh?

I know folks sell it at the farmers market and there are places in Everglades City but was wondering if there was a place that wouldn't be 30 miles away!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 32
1. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

Go to Paradise Seafood at 721 Bald Eagle.

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
2. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

Thanks Kim....website menu looks awesome.

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
reviews: 7
3. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

The cheapest place is at Marco Publix when they are on sale. I did buy some last week at Paradise Seafood on Marco and at Grimms in Everglades City.

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
4. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

Thanks Red. I didn't know publix sold them. I did see em at Costco too. Do you think the ones at Publix are fresh?

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
reviews: 7
5. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

I would have no problem buying Stone Crabs from Publix if I couldn't drive to Everglades City (EC). But I wouldn't wait 4-5 days to eat them (like you can from EC when you buy them off the boat).

2 weeks ago Publix had medium stone crab for $12.95? a pound ... a bargain.

FYI ... notes on stone crab

- the cost of stone crab goes up the week of Christmas and to New Years ... all the sizes go up about $5 per pound

- I was told an oriental person from Miami drove over to EC and bought 1200 pounds of stone crab for an event on or around the Christmas holiday ... they bought out the entire days catch from a large crabber ... people know a good thing when they find it

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
6. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

$12.95 is a great price...I think the mediums were $16.95 at Costco....I gotta watch the sale circulars from Publix! Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
7. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

I buy them at publix for home consumption but I eat them the day I buy them

marco island fl.
reviews: 10
8. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

Lee be sea-food, located at the Shops of Olde Marco has them.

Plus a nice variety of fresh local caught fish, they're also cooking now.

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
9. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

Great stuff everyone...I really like City Seafood in Everglades City but its a bit of a hike. Thanks for pointing out some local options!

Tropical Southern...
10. Re: Where to buy stone crab on Marco or Naples

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Kirk's Seafood at Goodland; it's just over the bridge from Marco- the route you would take IF you were going to Everglades City, BUT less than 10 miles away! PLUS you will get to discover the famous Stan's Idle Awhile on Buzzard Bay and the other quaint places there. Kirk's is actually where the boats come directly in so you know the stone crabs are FRESH FRESH. If you want a guarantee, ask them when the boats come in and try to get there just after- it's worth it! BTW, I would always try to eat stone crabs the first day out of the sea- they are at their prime then. If you wait they will rapidly become fishy, no matter where you buy them from! Have fun exploring; Goodland is very special and very close to Marco Island.