We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marco island or anna marie island

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 84
marco island or anna marie island

Which resort is best for family of 2 adults and 3 children ages 8,10 and 11 to spend 5 nights after Orlando. Kids all love the water.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 29
1. Re: marco island or anna marie island

personally we love the hilton..daughter was 8 on first trip now 17 and still loves it.. but many say the marriott but ths -to me -is getting bigger and bigger each year...both especially the hilton are very close to the conema and a mall of restaurants..

sorry just re read you post ,,, hmm oly know marco and we love it.. it is quiet tho...dont know the other sorry.

Leicester, United...
2. Re: marco island or anna marie island

one thing to remember it is a 3-4 hour drive from orlando....and are you flying back home from orlando- if you decde upon marco.. you generally fly back from miami..wghich i have to say have done it and hate it... have even driven back up and spent a night in orlando -just to get home from there!

scotland
3. Re: marco island or anna marie island

Many thanks for your comments. These were the two hotels I was looking at on Marco Island. I am still considering where to book. How do you normally book the Hilton?

Many thanks

Leicester, United...
4. Re: marco island or anna marie island

we normally travel with virgin holidays however I have the email adddress of the conceige at the Hilton - english (sorry) lady who may be able to offer a good direct deal.. i would recommend a room overlooking the pool and ideally frst one back from the ocean - we were on the 6th floor last time ut i suggest go higher because of the smoke from the pool bar kitchen...

that sounds dreadful bu t it wasnt - it's just if you sit on the balcony occasionally you may get a little smoke...

I would definatley stop there unless I rent a property next time we visit ( visit 5)

happy planning & let me know if you are interested in the name and email addy...

scotland
5. Re: marco island or anna marie island

Many thanks I will. I am trying to organize villa in Orlando first. Can you by any chance recommend a good area with easy access to parks? Thank you.

Leicester, United...
6. Re: marco island or anna marie island

Sorry not very helpful with this because we always stay n the sheraton safari hotel in lake buenavista..very nice area and very close to disney not so with universal tho.

Most people i know who rent villa's stay in kissimee... wihc is again close to the parks ...hey you're going to have a fab time - your children are aaat the right age...may be worth getting some walkie talkies when out there to keep intouch with each other.. alot of american families do this....

wh do you think you will travel with? and when are you thinking of going

Milford, Michigan
reviews: 2
7. Re: marco island or anna marie island

regarding resort for family with 3 children ages 8-11 after visiting Orlando, a super place with excellent beach location is the Tradewinds Resort on St. Pete Beach. It is like a cruise ship idea with activities for all kids throughout the day. Great adult and seperate kid's pools. Carefree restraunts on property. Cabanas on the beach (although sadly no beverage food service on beach). It's central to shopping and Fort DeSoto Park. A huge waterslide for adults and kids is on the property, although quite pricey for a day pass ($35). Oour kids love it for just a 3 night stay!

8. Re: marco island or anna marie island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 09, 2009