We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would love to hear from locals...pease help!!

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 4
Would love to hear from locals...pease help!!

Have gone to your lovely island for years and have fallen in love with it. We're older and established and thinking ahead. Hubby and I have had many "heated" discussions about "real life" on Marco. And would love to hear from someone who actually lives it. We're well versed in the incredible white sand beaches and unbelievable sunsets. We've "been there, done that."That's why we love it. But, as we start a serious search for a home, what should we look for? Only way we're gonna go is to live on the beach, But, has to be very high end. Maybe expecting too much out of Marco?? Where do we start?

Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Would love to hear from locals...pease help!!

Marco is a great place to live, year round. If you want to purchase a place on the beach, you have two choices: Hideaway Beach or a condo. If you have visited often, you know the prices are at a good level at this time. Hideaway is a gated community and is the only place to find a house on the beach. It is a beautiful community and well worth the money to live there. If you don't mind condo living, there are many wonderful choices. You can get anything from a 1 bedroom/1 bath, all the way up to a 4 bedroom penthouse, depending on your budget. As a 15 year resident, I would say the south end is where to be if you are looking at Condo's. The Summit Hous is nice as is Les Falls (my favorite building on the beach). My mom is a rental agent but also a realtor. If you do have questions, but do not want to obligate yourself, give her a call and she will be helpful without pressuring you. Feel free to email me if you have questions. kingfriday82@yahoo.com. I hope this was helpful.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 32
2. Re: Would love to hear from locals...pease help!!

We just went through the purchase process. Feel free to email me if you want to. We looked for a couple years before we bought.

Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 4
3. Re: Would love to hear from locals...pease help!!

Thanks !- gonna do some research on the gated community. Wiskim - I will take you up on your offer after I do some more research. Thanks so much!

4. Re: Would love to hear from locals...pease help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 12, 2009