We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time from Marco Island to Naples Greyhound

Which Marco Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 74
Drive time from Marco Island to Naples Greyhound

We are going to be visiting Marco Island late March and my mom will be joining us for 2 days arriving via the Greyhound station in Naples. I've gotten a map and understand its about 30 minutes normally.

Two questions

She will be arriving Sunday at 11am should I worry about traffic?

She will be leaving on Tuesday morning and has an 8:30am bus. Is there "rush hour" type traffic which we need to worry about or will my 30 minutes plus a few extras in case be plenty.

Thanks for any advice.

Sharon

Naples, Fl
reviews: 2
1. Re: Drive time from Marco Island to Naples Greyhound

well there is no rush hour on Sut this time of year is very busy lots of cars not a whole lot of streets I think 30 min from Davis ( bus station) to Marco will be a good Sunday estimation and more like 45 on Tuesday morning (you are going against Marco high traffic that time of day-- the bridge to get on is busy in the am and brige to get off in the pm) ( most people who work on Marco cannot afford to live there so there is a slight rush hour on in am off in pm)

Richmond, Virginia
2. Re: Drive time from Marco Island to Naples Greyhound

Thanks so much. I had a feeling we would need a little extra time on Tuesday morning.

Naples, Fl
reviews: 2
3. Re: Drive time from Marco Island to Naples Greyhound

This may be an overestimation of time but you do not want you loved ones to be wating at the bus station, it would be better that you were wating for them. Not that the greyhound station is in a real bad neighborhood it is just that the passengers ans those going to "Checks cashed here" part are not the same ones you see in airports ( and there is no metal detectors)

Richmond, Virginia
4. Re: Drive time from Marco Island to Naples Greyhound

Thanks so much and yes, we won't let my mom (82 yrs old) wait at the Greyhound. I would much rather get there first.

5. Re: Drive time from Marco Island to Naples Greyhound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 21, 2009