We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madiera or Indian Rock?

Which Madeira Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
shannijones
reviews: 49
Madiera or Indian Rock?

I am looking for a quiet family beach for a month in June. We are not interested in the commercial stuff. We typically go to Sea Grove but now having to go in high season it is very expensive in comparison. Thoughts? Ideas? Our boys are 5,3 1 and so we want easy easy low key. Pretty beach and a pool are all we need minus the crowds

Dardenne Prairie...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Madiera or Indian Rock?

Either would be fine.... This is our 3rd year to that area. It will be our 2nd to Maderia Beach. Past 2 years we have stayed in Maderia Notre, directly accross the street from Johns Pass. But beach in both areas is nice and quiet and not overly quiet. Also our second year going in June. Any more questions let me know or if you want specifics.

shannijones
reviews: 49
2. Re: Madiera or Indian Rock?

I am looking at Villa Madiera a corner unit that looks nicely updated. Are you familiar with those condos? Also am looking at Driftwood sands. Villa Madiera is $700 more/mth. Any thoughts? We are taking our 5,3,1yr old sons.

thanks for responding as well I feel like I am pulling something out of the hat by going somewhere new :)

Dardenne Prairie...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Madiera or Indian Rock?

No, not familiar with those condos... But like I said we are directly accross from Johns Pass. My son is 7 this year and daghter is 5 this year. So we have been going to this area since they were 5 and 3. So good area.

We have found some repeat places to eat and things to do:)

Maderia Notre is right by the Crimson, Surf Song and Beach Place. Do you know how far you would be from Johns Pass. Maderia Notre's address is 13000 Gulf. We like to stay right accross the street, that way we can walk over there to eat, shop or whatever. Parking there is not fun.

Any more questions or if you need more help let me know. I can tell you what I know:)

lakewood, colorado
reviews: 3
4. Re: Madiera or Indian Rock?

We have stayed in North Redington Beach in the past, which is a nice fairly quiet family beach. Beach is not deep so not too far for little ones to walk or mom to carry. I don't know what the beach is like in Madeira. From the beach visitor brochure, it looks more lively and active.

We visit in early June, and we usually not all rooms booked during the week, but booked up on weekends. But still not crazy busy like earlier in the year.

Staying at 50 Gulfside in Indian Rocks for the first time in Indian Rocks this year, same type of low key beach and visitors. It has gotten nice reviews, and looks very nice.

pittsburgh
reviews: 1
5. Re: Madiera or Indian Rock?

we have stayed at the villa madeira since 03. have stayed in many different rooms and only had a problem with 508. just not as clean as i would expect and towels were left in the dryer wet so smelled half way thru the vacation. the candy kitchen is across the street with wonderful snacks for the kids and great icecream. johns pass is about a mile down the road and a win dixie is about the same distance the other way for groceries. very quiet and even when mostly full beach seams empty. the rental agency we use also lets us rent for more than a week because we like 10 nights.

Halifax
6. Re: Madiera or Indian Rock?

We are considering Driftwood Sands condo on 1st floor overlooking pool.. versus not a average place at The Vista's in St Petes.. Did you stay at Driftwood and did you like it?

7. Re: Madiera or Indian Rock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach