We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoke in the area from forest fires

Which Madeira Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
reviews: 2
Smoke in the area from forest fires

Has the smoke from the forest fires gone away? We are coming down on the 24th and want to have a good time. Should we come? Is traffic still bad from the fires? Coming down I-75. Help.

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 24
1. Re: Smoke in the area from forest fires

Smoke has cleared out of this area. Not much for about the past week. They're saying we might get a little this afternoon, but not much. Haven't heard of any interstate closures since last week. Hopefully by the 24th they'll have the fires out or contained in a smaller area. I think you should be OK.

Duluth, GA
reviews: 4
2. Re: Smoke in the area from forest fires

We drove down on the 12th...and were one of the last few allowed to travel down I75....and trust me we've never seen anything like it. It was extremely bad - like a tan colored fog. When we went thru today it was smokey but not anything like last weekend. If it is smokely remember to keep your a/c on and recycled thru your car. We actually saw folks driving with their windows down thru the worst part of the smoke...only could believe they had no a/c. Our car still smells like smoke -- and hopefully with airing out and some air freshener it will be ok...enjoy your trip.

3. Re: Smoke in the area from forest fires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Madeira Beach