We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidome in Longboat Key

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Hughes
reviews: 4
Holidome in Longboat Key

There used to be a hotel...actually it was a Holiday Inn on Long Boat Key that had what they called a "Holidome". It was an eclosed play area for families and kids, with a pool and jakuzzi. I used to go there quite often back in the 80's. Does anyone know if it is still there and if so, what is it called today? Its no longer listed as a Holiday Inn.

5 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
1. Re: Holidome in Longboat Key

I've stayed at that Holidome myself and that was over 30 years ago. It changed from being a Holiday Inn long ago although I don't remember what it is now. But I think it is still a hotel.

Probably one way to find out what it is now is to google: hotels on Longboat Key, and call each one to find out which was the Holiday Inn.

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
reviews: 24
2. Re: Holidome in Longboat Key

I stayed there a couple times in the 70's. That was a fun place. Like a mini theme park onsite! I looked it up a year or so ago and if I remember right, I learned the building is gone, not operating as a hotel, and I think a condo building is on the site.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 75
3. Re: Holidome in Longboat Key

They tore the Holiday Inn down sometime after 2002. It was replaced by three condo buildings. The only other hotels remaining on Longboat are the nearby Hilton Inn (planning to expand) and the Longboat Key Club. The nearest Holiday Inn is on Lido Key, but no Holidome there.

Lake Hughes
4. Re: Holidome in Longboat Key

Thanks for letting me know! Sad to hear this news but I suppose the buildings were getting quite dated.

Longboat Key...
5. Re: Holidome in Longboat Key

The buildings were fine, some members of the family wanted to sell. The Holiday Inn is still missed by many guests with great memories, former staff and local businesses.

Reply to: Holidome in Longboat Key
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted