We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 25
What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

hello

We are due to visit for 3 nights at the end of our holiday and are booked to stay at Longboat Key Club.

I have pencilled these 3 restaurants in, what do you think?

Are there others that are better?

Cha Cha Coconuts or Daquiri Deck at Armands Circle

The Sandbar Anna Maria

Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant

Also if I wanted to take a night off from driving, which cab companies do you recommend and what would be a rough idea of the fare from Longboat Key Club to Mar Vista?

Thanks for any help.

9 replies to this topic
Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 89
1. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

I'll answer the easy question first. Taxi cost is probably $7 or $8 each way, maybe a bit more. LBK Club is at one end of Longboat and Mar Vista is at the other, about 10 miles. It's a simple drive -- exit from LBK Club, go left onto Gulf of Mexico Drive for 10 miles, turn right for 3 blocks -- but taxis are pricey.

As for eating, sounds as if you're into "fun" places as opposed to fine dining? Different reviewers have different personal preferences, but in the category you seem to be looking at I like Mar Vista, less fond of the others though Cha Cha is OK. Maybe try Dry Dock Grill instead (very close to LBK Club). Or for a St. Armands restaurant, maybe Shore Diner.

reviews: 45
2. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

We had lunch at Columbiana? at Saint Armand circle last March and plan to go again this year. it was that good. Lunch prices are much better than dinner. Expect a wait.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
3. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

I had a nice lunch and a fun HH at Daquiri Deck not long ago.

Ate at Cha Chas just a few beers and an appetiser while watching Football. It was OK for that.

I like Marvista, but more often go up to Beach House or Sandbar for lunch as they are on the beach (same group owns them).

Haven't been to Dry Dock (but it has been on my list for ages) but did have a good HH at Charthouse nearby.

Been to Old Salty Dog a few times in the last year as well.

UK
reviews: 25
4. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

Thanks for all your suggestions. We will be in the last 3 days of a nearly 4 week trip ( we are v lucky!) and really just want to relax.

We will keep the sandbar as we love AMI and have a look at your other suggestions.

Thanks once again.

Always looking south
reviews: 4
5. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

On Longboat, you can't go wrong with these top 3 as rated here on TripAdvisor;

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g34399-Longboat_K…

Also Pattigeorge's was great although they really need to attempt to put some sort of sound deadening in there (it would be possible).

And, in the general area including St. Armands, we think the Columbia Restaurant is by far the best 'bang for the buck'. For example, try a Havana Club for $ 8.95, it also includes hot fresh baked bread and the sandwich size is for two days' lunch.

Ormond Beach, Fl
reviews: 5
6. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

Columbia. It's part of a chain that goes back over 100 years.

Ormond Beach, Fl
reviews: 5
7. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

You should try the Lazy Lobster. It's a funny name, but a great restaurant.

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
8. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

I also like Lazy Lobster. They do take reservations.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 89
9. Re: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?

You'll need the reservations. Lazy Lobster always seems to have a good crowd, even starting early.

Reply to: What Do You Think Of These Restaurants?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key