We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach reniurishment in June, 2014?

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, South...
reviews: 6
Beach reniurishment in June, 2014?

We're in the process of summer vaca planning and have some concerns about beach renourishment. I've read that the project is underway, currently moving south from AMI towards Siesta Key.

We've previously stayed in the 4000 block of LBK but would consider going back to AMI if we had to endure 24/7 "construction".

I Googled about over the last day or so but didn't find any firm dates, plans. Any additional info would be a help. Thanks :)

3 replies to this topic
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
1. Re: Beach reniurishment in June, 2014?

As far as i know there is no firm date...it's anyone's guess..

www.longboatkey.org/pView.aspx…

~SRQgirl

Waldwick, New Jersey
2. Re: Beach reniurishment in June, 2014?

LBK nourishment is on north end. As of 6/1 they are working by longbeach condos aprox 7000 GOM drive. I do not think are going to be south of 6500 range (Whitney beach). Work is supposed to end mid July depending on weather.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 77
3. Re: Beach reniurishment in June, 2014?

There is also some discussion now about renourishment in an area in the South end of Longboat. Nothing going on in the middle where the beaches are in quite good shape. Thus maybe 80-85% of Longboat in not affected by renourishment work.

Reply to: Beach reniurishment in June, 2014?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted