We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for first time in LBK

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
memphis
Where to stay for first time in LBK

My husband and I will be traveling to LBK in August for a week vacation with our 3 year old daughter. I am looking for accommodations that are located on the beach and preferably have a pool. I would also prefer a smaller place for a bit more privacy than the larger resorts may offer. It would be nice to have beach service included and our budget would be $200 or less per night. Thank you in advance for any information you can offer!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 77
1. Re: Where to stay for first time in LBK

I'm not quite sure what you mean by beach service. If you're talking about having the ability to rent things on the beach, or eat/drink facilities on the beach at a resort, you're pretty much limited to the very large (and very nice but also very pricey) Longboat Key Club -- a full-service resort, a perhaps to the Hilton Inn. If you're willing to move beach chairs by yourself, or carry your own food/drinks down to the beach, then there are lots of places for you. For your situation I especially like Sea Club III and Sea Oats; they're both handled by Wagner Rentals. They are quiet places and in a quiet area of Longboat, directly on the beach, each with a small pool (almost everywhere on Longboat will have a pool). With a toddler, I'd look for a room on the first floor so you can walk directly out onto the sand. Both of these places are 8 units each, and each of them 2 bedrooms. Units directly face the water and, while there is lots of sand there are also some shady places if you need to get out of the sun for awhile. I believe that a weekly rate for Sea Club III is $1200 while Sea Oats goes for about $1,000. August is our off-season so you might want to see if Wagner will come down a bit on their rates. There are many other small places on Longboat but these are two of my favorites.

memphis
2. Re: Where to stay for first time in LBK

Thanks so much! To clarify, I was referring to beach service as in beach chairs/umbrellas. We could set these up ourselves if necessary, as long as we have some avaible to enjoy. I will check into the two place you suggest. Thanks so much!

Aylesbury, United...
3. Re: Where to stay for first time in LBK

Currently at Sand cay beach resort with out 7 year old boys. This place is Heaven!!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 77
4. Re: Where to stay for first time in LBK

Glad you're enjoying Sand Cay. The weather is certainly cooperating for you! Sand Cay management does take care of the place well, and I believe that they do have some beach chairs as well as a nice pool. I tend to prefer smaller places, though, with all of the rooms directly facing the water and so I don't usually mention Sand cay (I believe that it has at least 50 units and very few actually face the water). But it's definitely worth checking out. Thanks for your helpful reminder!

florida
reviews: 47
5. Re: Where to stay for first time in LBK

Hi! We are also coming to Longboat in August! We always stay at Casa Del Mar, but this year they did not have any Gulf front apartments, only some courtyard. In the Gulf front apartments, you step out of them and you are on the sand!!! 2 bedroom 2 bath,nice fully stocked kitchen, washer and dryer, bedrooms are kind of small, but still great just the same. Lots of gas grills and tennis courts, beautiful landscaping, and they do rent and set up umbrellas for you This year we are going to stay at Sand Cay, our first time. We will be there 2 weeks, so a little disappointed that there are not washer and dryer in units, but they do provide complimentary laundry mat. They have shuffleboard and pool, beach chairs.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 29
6. Re: Where to stay for first time in LBK

Which unit did you rent? I will be staying there in March.

7. Re: Where to stay for first time in LBK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:44 am, July 25, 2014