We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Winds Resort

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Coast, FL
reviews: 40
Four Winds Resort

I just put a hold on a unit at the Four Winds in Longboat through RCI. Fairly good reviews there. Does anyone have any first hand info regarding this resort?

16 replies to this topic
Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
reviews: 77
1. Re: Four Winds Resort

I've walked the property and have eaten in the attached restaurant (Maison Blanche -- VERY pricey) but have not been in any of the rooms. The grounds are nice, there are some good amenities (tennis, shuffleboard, chaises, the beach is good, and it is very close to grocery/drugstore shopping, and fairly close to St Armands Circle with all of its shops and restaurants. (Incidentally, the grocery store is currently closed for renovation and will reopen by December). I have to admit, though, that it's probably not my favorite on Longboat because of the layout of the property. Some of the rooms seem far distant from the water, while those that are closest to the beach are sideways to the water rather than facing it head-on. That's a personal bias of mine and might not be important to you, but when I rent a place at the shore I want to be as close to the water as possible and be able to sit on my balcony or lanai and watch the waves.

Louisville, KY.
reviews: 40
2. Re: Four Winds Resort

This is an ok place. I had a friend stay here and they put him above the restaurant in a room with a Murphy Bed. Not a very appealing room and it seems to kind of be the old style Florida hotel. I have to say it's clean and neat and they take good care of the property.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
3. Re: Four Winds Resort

Thanks for the update Corvete. It's good to know that the place is clean and neat on the inside, but I have to admit my picture of going on vacation to a beachfront place is not exactly a Murphy bed just above a restaurant (which probably faces the street). It might cost a few dollars more but personally if I'm paying big bucks to go on vacation I'd opt for a place where I have a good view of the beach and the water, and something more than a Murphy bed. There are probably some units within Four Winds that meet that criteria, but obviously a renter has to choose carefully.

Edited: 7:03 pm, September 26, 2012
Denver
reviews: 8
4. Re: Four Winds Resort

It is a rat hole, really old. We expect something a lot nicer and more luxury. The condo we stayed in was a studio with a Murphy bed (room 214), feels like a motel. It was a horrible experience for our Christmas! We booked it based on those wonderful reviews on google, but if anyone who has a little better taste and class would hate this place!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
5. Re: Four Winds Resort

It's too bad that your stay turned out that way; that's an important review. I hope that the rest of your visit on Longboat was a good one.

Sarasota
6. Re: Four Winds Resort

The studios do have Murphy beds. We own a 2 bedroom timeshare unit on the 4th floor with a private balcony overlooking the pool and it has a great view of the gulf. The unit is updated, very clean and neat. We love coming to Four Winds every year. It's across the street from the new Publix and CVS. We ride bikes to St. Armands Circle. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
7. Re: Four Winds Resort

Good for you, Faith. I'm glad to hear that you have such a good unit. There's no doubt that the location is a good one. And it's nice to know that some of the units offer a good perspective on the beach.

The Villages
8. Re: Four Winds Resort

We rented same as you a few years ago. Sight unseen. It is a wonderful small place. The people who own there go back generations. People are friendly, place is clean and well maintained. It is "old school" as far as recreation room is concerned, but is very comfortable and friendly. Ping pong, puzzles, cards, etc. Nothing fancy.

We liked it so much that we bought two units. Am trying to talk my daughter into buying one also.

Arlene in Florida

The Villages
9. Re: Four Winds Resort

We own two units there. Have been there a few times since buying. It is clean, family oriented, right on the water, very low key. Older place that has been renovated. Staff is pleasant and helpful. Great location, units are modern, clean and nice. Not a fancy, high end place, but some families have 4 generations coming back. I'd say that is good. We live in Florida and travel about two hours to get there. Great place.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 2
10. Re: Four Winds Resort

We own 11 Units between wks. 33 & 37, and one Unit week 24. This is a Resort that the same people who Own return each year, and many Friendships have been made thru the years while at Four Winds.

We started out as Renters, enjoyed it so much that we bought a Unit for ourselves, and rented ones for our children at the same time period, then we started buying Units so that our children, grandchildren, and other Family and friends could come and share "Beach Time" with us over the Labor Day Week.

It is a small Resort, but the main part of staying at this Resort is to Relax, Unwind, and Enjoy your Beach Vacation.

We own a couple of Studios, that have a Murphy Bed, and they are not all that bad, as some people have complained. And if they swap thru RCI, then they may end up with a Unit that is small and has a Murphy Bed. We also own 1 Bdr. and we own a Penthouse at the Resort.

Reply to: Four Winds Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted