We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do and where to go

Which Longboat Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elmhurst, Illinois
reviews: 10
What to do and where to go

We're going to Longboat Key for spring break, just my daughter and me. I will have a car and am willing to drive to other locales, but want some suggestions. We are definitely planning on being completely lazy, but I'm sure the sun will bore us after a while. Looking for shopping/dining and possible site seeing locations. We're staying at the Hilton Longboat Key Resort (love those Hilton points). Any suggestions would be most appreciated as it sounds like it's a quite place and my 17 year old daughter might like some more excitement. Last of March/first week of April. Thanks!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 124
1. Re: What to do and where to go

There is wonderful dining and shopping on St. Armands Circle on Lido Key. This would be south of the Hilton.

There are more restaurants and shops in downtown Sarasota.

Explore Anna Maria Island..

There is the Ringling Museum of Art which has beautiful grounds and a mansion.

There is Myakka State Park for canoeing, hiking and a boat ride.

There is Marie Selby Gardens & Mote Aquarium.

You can rent kayaks etc.

You can take a site seeing cruise on the LaBarge form Marina Jack Marina downtown.

What are your interests?

~SRQgirl

Elmhurst, Illinois
reviews: 10
2. Re: What to do and where to go

Well, relaxation is key and I'm sure we'll do that most days (read: lay on the beach and read). We might like to golf one or two mornings - any reasonable public courses around that rent clubs? Shopping is good - we'll do as you suggested and head south. Is there enough beach to walk a couple miles uninterrupted?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
3. Re: What to do and where to go

Miles of beach to walk.

I will send you a website for golf courses.

Lakewood Ranch's Legacy Course is good.

~SRQgirl

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
4. Re: What to do and where to go

Golf:

http://www.sarasotagolfnet.com/index1.html

If you"google" "sarasota attractions" you can get more ideas.

~SRQgirl

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
reviews: 43
5. Re: What to do and where to go

Susie - I agree with SQgirl, St. Armands Circle would be a great place that is close to you to go and walk around, shop (fun to look, too expensive to buy) and have lunch. I recommend the Columbia Restaurant, try their cuban sandwich, black beans and rice, 1905 Salad (they make it fresh at your table) and a pitcher of homemade Sangria!

6. Re: What to do and where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Longboat Key