We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Beaches

Which Lakeland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
santa fe, nm
Nearest Beaches

I suspect this question has been asked previously so please pardon me asking it again. My family and I are traveling from Santa Fe to the Perennial Vacation Club at Imperial Lakes for a week in late July. Although we recgonize that we won't be near the ocean, can anyone recommend a nice beach for a one day excursion that we could drive to? Since we rarely get to the ocean being from NM, our goal is to spend one day relaxing on a beach knowing we will have to drive a distance to get there. Thanks so much. Paul

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 86
1. Re: Nearest Beaches

Clearwater is your closest beach. Its about 1 hours drive. Use www.mapquest.com to see your route, gives mileage and drive times too.

santa fe, nm
2. Re: Nearest Beaches

Thanks so much, I appreciate your reply. Is there any part or area of Clearwater that are more family oriented or that you recommend? Thanks again.

Paul

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 86
3. Re: Nearest Beaches

Its been a while since I have stayed there. Try posting on their forum, you should get lots of info there. The west coast beaches are really nice. It's worth the trip. I would also try to get there early and maybe go midweek as parking lots fill up quickly on weekends.

4. Re: Nearest Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:37 am, November 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lakeland