We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental cars

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
rental cars

What is the best most reliable and lower cost rental car place from the orlando airport?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 24
1. Re: rental cars

It's always a matter of supply & demand and how diligently & aggressively you do your research for discounts and/or coupons. Start with all of the majors and research until you get a good price. Reserve it and keep looking until you get an even better price. Reserve that one and cancel #1. Repeat as often as necessary.

There are some good tips here: …nytimes.com/2012/…

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
2. Re: rental cars

thanks,

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 30
3. Re: rental cars

In addition to Orlando Vic's suggestions, US residents should take a look at www.hotwire.com and making a "name your own price" bid at www.priceline.com . Normally, I will set a reasonable price and bid on Priceline, slowly increasing my bid. If you already have a cancellable booking as a backup, you can bid down to the last day, and I find that I can get good deals on Priceline at the last minute, as the rental companies begin to think about all the cars they have unrented.

The strategy is a little different for the peak periods around major holidays like Christmas, when it's best to try to lock in early, as the rates tend to go up and up.

Take a look at any diccount codes that you may have through memberships you might have. Most people can get a percentage discount or even have a contract rate, which can be useful at peak times especially.

For some thoughts about which companies are best, see tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k675435… , as well as the experiences of many of your fellow TA members posted on this forum.

Portland
reviews: 16
4. Re: rental cars

I used Hotwire.com two years ago with great success. We had a 8 day rental for a mid-SUV through Hertz or maybe it was Avis for only $218.00. Doing the same vehicle on individual websites (Hertz, Dollar, etc.), it was close to $450.00 for the same time period.

Costcotravel.com also will apply all coupons and compare the four major companies. Book something and then check everyday and modify as needed. You do have to be a Costco member.

5. Re: rental cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 14, 2014