We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

locals, please assist if possible.

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utrecht, Utrecht...
reviews: 5
locals, please assist if possible.

Hi.

I will be going to Kissimmee this September. We will be staying at a house on DAvenport Circle. I woukld love to continue my daily cardio workout routine so I was looking / searching for fitness centers etc nearby. So far I have found Power Fitness to be nearest, but since I do not have a drivers license I would have to walk there. Google Maps shows it as a 23 minute walk. Does anyone know of a fitness center closer than this one?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
1. Re: locals, please assist if possible.

Not unless the community or complex you are staying on has some equipment. I've seen the place you refer to, but not sure how they handle visitors/guests. A couple of asides...Unless you are training for something, you might just see how it goes. You'll do miles of walking in the parks. Does anyone in your party drive/are you renting a car? They are really pretty essential if staying in a vacation rental. If you are relying on walking back and forth to 192 for the one Lynx route then you will be limiting yourself, and again, as exercise is concerned, will be getting plenty of it especially in the hot September weather. Of course, if you are set on some additional cardio, you could always go running around the nearby neighborhoods

Utrecht, Utrecht...
reviews: 5
2. Re: locals, please assist if possible.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We will be renting a car, but I feel kind of bad to have my wife drive me there and having to pick me up 4 times a week, so I thought I'd spare her the trouble and look for a fitness center nearby. Judging from their website they do acccept non-locals. Because of a really bad knee running is not possible for me, and will have to rely on the cross trainer for my cardio... ;)

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
reviews: 36
3. Re: locals, please assist if possible.

Planet Fitness in the Osceola Square Mall at the corner of Highway 192 and Hoagland is accessible by bus. In fact the mall is the terminus of many of their routes.

CTR

4. Re: locals, please assist if possible.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 09, 2014