We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Concord, New...
reviews: 5
Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

The reviews for Emerald Island Resort look great...but I'm curious if there is any kind of timeshare presentation involved. Does anyone have experience with this?? Thanks,

Michelle

Beautiful Long...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

Mastmich......

As far as I know, this resort is not a time-share community. Each Villa, Townhome and condo is individually owned. The owners either rent them out directly, or rent them through an agency such as VillaDirect.com...which, by the way is a great website to find out about all of the resorts in the Orlando/Kissimee area including Emerald Island. By the way....Windor Hills Resort is the newest resort in the area...with beautiful condos, townhomes and villas.

Good luck.

UK
2. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

Emerald Island is not a timeshare - and we agree with Bluepointy, take a look at the nearby Windsor Hills Resort.

Dayton, OH
3. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

Emerald Island is not a timeshare. Emerald island is one of the few resorts with 7 and 8 bedroom homes. So if you have a REALLY big group with 3 or 4 families sharing a house, EI is the place to go.

For smaller groups of just 1 or 2 families, I would recommend Windsor Hills. Windsor Hills has 2 and 3 bed condos and pool homes with up to 6 bedrooms. It's closer to Disney, newer, and has much nicer amenities (bigger pool, bigger clubhouse, free movie theatre, waterpark). We stayed there last month and had a great time.

Champaign, Illinois
reviews: 15
4. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

Pam,

Many people logged on at various forums are trying to get info. on Windsor Hills. You are one of the few online who has been there. Can you please post a review? Do a forum search on Windsor Hills, and you will find us out here waiting....

Thanks!

Dayton, OH
5. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

Hi Cakelady,

I posted a trip report in the "Viewing fireworks from Windsor Hills" thread a couple weeks ago. I would insert a link to that post here if I knew how, but I'm not a computer expert.

Or would it be better just to copy the old trip report and repost it?

-Pam

Daytona Beach, FL
reviews: 2
6. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

I'm also new, so I don't know how to link, but I found it, so I'll give it a try. It really is a great review, and you should post it on some Windsor Hills review sites to give someone an idea what they are getting.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k441587…

Dayton, OH
7. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

Hi Daytonagirl,

You said "you should post it on some Windsor Hills review sites to give someone an idea what they are getting."

I'd be happy to post my review so other people can get an idea of what this new resort is like. I don't know what "Windsor Hills review sites" you're referring to. I didn't know there were whole websites devoted to reviewing Windsor Hills.

I only stumbled across this site (tripadvisor) recently by accident. I wish I would have found this site a few years earlier as my husband and I love to travel and this site could have saved us countless hours of research.

Anyway, let me know where would be a good place to post my Windsor Hills trip report and I'll be happy to do it.

-Pam

P.S. so how do you post a link anyway?

erie
8. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

I have been looking into the villa / townhouse resorts. To find some info on windor hills -- windsorhillrents (or windsorhillrent) and vrbo.com. I will say I have noticed great reviews of Emerald Island -- and the cost is considerably better for a house there. I have to ask -- any one who has been to -- Emerald Island -- just how is it because it seems for the money you get a more spaciuos place to stay. I am still trying to decide between -- Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island. --

UK
9. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

ntravel 123 <I am still trying to decide between -- Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island>

Windsor Hills is brand new and has one of the best community pools in the area, reserved for guests only. Windsor Palms was built a few years ago by the same builders as Windsor Hills. Emerald Island was finished soon after Windsor Palms. All are nearby, we prefer Windsor Hills for a fanmily vacation.

UK
10. Re: Emerald Island -- Timeshare??

pam2050 <let me know where would be a good place to post my Windsor Hills trip report and I'll be happy to do it>

There is also some discussiom about Windsor Hills on the TA Orlando forum.