We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations for family

Which Marathon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 7
Accomodations for family

Hello - we are considering a stay in the FL Keys 4/20 - 4/24 (not a full week). Was hoping to find a condo or VRBO for our stay, but it appears that they can't be rented for less than a week at a time.

I think we've narrowed down to being on Marathon Key...but open to suggestions!

We are a family with an 11 yr old...will be doing some exploring of the different keys as well as some fishing. Would ideally like a place with a pool/pool access, walking distance to some restaurants/shops would be awesome, but not a deal-breaker.

We were scoping out Key Colony, but can't seem to find a place for less than that full week...

ANY suggestions/thoughts/comments/recommendations are welcome!! :)

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 83
1. Re: Accomodations for family

its the law for most rentals in the keys, not just Marathon. Sometimes if you weight the difference of spending money on a resort type hotel room vs renting for a week but only staying 4 of those days it might work out about the same and you can save a little by eating in some meals. Otherwise you might look at Lime Tree Bay, Coral Bay and White Sands in Islamorada. Coral Bay has efficiency type rooms and is on the gulf side, older florida style motel but was clean and decent last time we visited. The Islander has efficiencies too and is in walking distance to some things.

Westchester, New...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Accomodations for family

Take a look at the White Sands Inn on Grassy Key (part of Marathon). They have different room options from a studio to i think a three bedroom Most have a little kitchen and they are right on the water with a little beach. They also have a pool. It's a short drive to restaurants, dolphin swim, kayaking etc. You can rent by the day there.

Edited: 12:45 pm, November 25, 2013
Knoxville
3. Re: Accomodations for family

I second Lime Tree Bay . . . It is AWESOME! It sounds like your family likes the same things as ours (fishing, pool, time with family), and LTB fits our bill perfectly!! I will warn you that the one thing you AREN'T going to get with LTB is restaurants and shops in walking distance. Good luck!:)

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 23
4. Re: Accomodations for family

Have you checked out Tranquility Bay on Marathon? We will be staying there in 2 weeks, it gets great reviews and was very reasonably priced. They have up to 3 BR condos with full kitchens, and no problem for less than a weeks time staying. Happy Travels!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
5. Re: Accomodations for family

The laws states that the unit can be rented for no less that an week. The law does not mandate that you stay there for the whole week.

Look at prices for 4 days in a hotel, and compare it to a full week condo or home in KCB. Choose whichever you like better.

Wisconsin
6. Re: Accomodations for family

Thanks all. Yes, I understand the concept of paying for a week and staying less than that - have been comparing that concept already...it is still a possibility!

Lime Tree Bay looks adorable. I thought when I looked at Tranquility Bay it was not all that reasonable, but I'll look again, because that looked great, too.

Can it be April already? Please?

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 10
7. Re: Accomodations for family

Also call The Continental Inn in Key Colony Beach, they have 1 and 2 bedroom rentals on a small beach with tiki's, grills and pool.

8. Re: Accomodations for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 28, 2014