We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes to Pack

Which Marathon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, MD
reviews: 24
Clothes to Pack

We are coming from Maryland next week to the keys. Having never been there before we need to get some idea on what type of clothing to pack. Our first thoughts were shorts and light tops with sandals, as we would here in summer. But is the weather really warm enough there in late January? And would you really spend any swimming and beach time? Thanks for you're input.

conn
reviews: 105
1. Re: Clothes to Pack

Check out the National Weather Service website.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 60
2. Re: Clothes to Pack

You thoughts are correct. You can expect evening temperatures in the 60's, so a jacket and a pair of long pants may be a good idea. If you are lucky, all you'll need are the light clothing!

Moline, Illinois
reviews: 28
3. Re: Clothes to Pack

When we head to the keys, usually in March, we always plan to dress in layers such as tank tops with a light sweater, short sleeved t-shirt under a long sleeved shirt, etc. Then we also bring both shorts and jeans. We have had trips when we didn't wear the shorts and trips when we didn't wear the jeans! Best to be prepared for both.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
4. Re: Clothes to Pack

So far, except for today, it's been a very warm and humid winter. Today it was 62 when I went into town - most around here dress in shorts and long sleeve t's for this. Last I saw its supposed to be back close to 80 again in a few days. (I haven't seen a forecast in a couple of days tho). I dress in shorts and flip flops year round - you should be fine next week unless some freak storm pops up. The renters at the vacation rental next door have been swimming all week.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 14
5. Re: Clothes to Pack

Put together your clothes for the trip, then take out 1/2 of them. You'll still bring too many.

2 pair of shorts, 2 swim suits, 3 shirts, flip flops, you're good to go.

If it gets too cold, buy a sweatshirt or a long sleeved shirt as a souvenir.

Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 32
6. Re: Clothes to Pack

It's been very warm... only one cool day and if a long sleeve shirt is in your wardrobe bring that instead of a sweatshirt.

We are from NY and even when it was 60 I was not going to put on a sweatshirt nor long sleeve shirt.. it would have to be cooler than that for me.

It's true just bring fewer, the better, items.. wash and dry items

Annapolis, MD
reviews: 24
7. Re: Clothes to Pack

Our thanks to all who have responded. We can't waite to leave Wednesday. They are calling for a high in the mid 20s that day!

8. Re: Clothes to Pack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 23, 2014