We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fitness center?

Which Marathon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 37
Fitness center?

Looking for your recommendation of a fitness center for the month of Feb.

I am presently going to Curves in Key Largo and husband is going to Froggy's.

Please only reply if you have personally attended one.

I have a list from my google search but not all have positive reviews.

thanks

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
1. Re: Fitness center?

Do you Zumba? If so, check out Cora's class. It's a blast!

Canandaigua, New...
2. Re: Fitness center?

where?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
3. Re: Fitness center?

facebook.com/pages/…

Are you only looking for "fitness centers" ?

There are a lot of workout options in town but only two fitness centers with the weights and machines. I can give you an idea of several but if only looking at the centers....I won't bother. And I haven't been to all of the classes etc so don't know if you want to hear as my friends go, not me, and I'm friends with several of the people in town that do these but don't go to the ones I would suggest. I go to a private class. So if you only want first hand I'll stop.

Canandaigua, New...
4. Re: Fitness center?

All workout options are good to hear, especially if favorable from your friends.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
5. Re: Fitness center?

There's a spinning class - couple of friends do this and really like her. You can find her ads with more specifics in the Marathon Weekly when you get here. (don't have one with me but will try and remember to get her number) Paddle board workout across from Office Depot. (where the new mural is) by reservation only so check out her classes when you get into town. I did one of these over the summer. The class I did had a lot of yoga but she does others as well. It was a fun change of pace.

Pilates across from the airport. This girl, Deisha, does a ring of fire class and everyone that has done it loves it - and says it's a great workout. I know her and she is super serious about fitness as well as a great instructor and will also do one on one. I have not done the class yet. I will grab her card next time I see her for where she is doing this now. She moves around. And then the Zumba class!

Canandaigua, New...
6. Re: Fitness center?

THANKS I will check out Cora's Zumba class and some of the others as we arrive on Tuesday from Key Largo.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
7. Re: Fitness center?

Are you in Key Largo now? Coincidentally there is a story about Daashia and her circle of fire in the Marathon Weekly this week (out yesterday) so pick one up! (they are available all thru the Keys) The circle of fire is every Tuesday and Thurs from 5-7 $5 at the Marathon Community Park. visit the Phoenix Rising FB page for updates or YouTube.

Spinning class Tues & Thurs 9am and 5:30pm @ Keys Fitness

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
8. Re: Fitness center?

I just saw hat article about the circle of fire today too. I think that I'll try it next week. I hope that this fat old body doesn't get to beat up.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
9. Re: Fitness center?

BG - Granted I haven't done it myself, but the few I've talked to that have love it. And Daasha is great! Let me know how it goes

Canandaigua, New...
10. Re: Fitness center?

yes I am in Key Largo now.. leaving Tuesday.. I will look for the circular tomorrow thanks!