We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

Which Marathon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midland, Texas
2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

I've spent many hours looking for the right place for husband to fish and college girls to enjoy beach-like area while I relax! Need 2 br/2 ba/kitchen and want to be in Marathon or Islamorada areas 6 nts starting next weekend. Prefer to be accessible to other restaurants, etc. as opposed to a setting such as Hawk's Cay (from my reading it's set apart from everything.)

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 32
1. Re: 2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

It would be easier to find something with 7 nights if you're looking for a private rental. If not - take a look at Continental Inn in Key Colony Beach.

Hawks Cay is only 5 miles from things. If you are looking for a big resort look at Tranquility Bay.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 84
2. Re: 2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

If it is in your budget and available, The Moorings has beautiful cottages including some 2/2. You can walk to many good restaurants from there, and the beach is beautiful.

Midland, Texas
3. Re: 2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

Thanks for your replies! Moorings is indeed too much $ for this trip. Going back and forth between TB and Hawks Cay. Have read through traveladvisor for days and reviews seem to be comparable. Wish I could find hubby a place to fish outside the room, but seems bridges must be best when we are between party boat outings.

London, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: 2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

Try Key colonybeach private rentals. Therey will recommend somewhere for you to stay if you contact owners - we have paid cheaply for 10 days on waterfront with access to club cabanc which is a private club with pool and beach. All the charters land near 4th steet so plaenty of fishing pals in Sparky'sd next door.

Don't go to far over to 10th - 15th street - it is a long walk back from the bars .

Good luck

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 11
5. Re: 2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

Many times its cheaper to rent a duplex for a week (7 nights) than to go with a resort for 6 nights. If you rent in Key Colony Beach, be sure to ask if they have Cabana Club access. CC is beach front with a large pool, bar & grill (also a fishing pier for hubby). We have had good luck with VRBO and these Realtors:

http://www.keysproperties.com/rentals

exitrealtyfloridakeys.com/fkr/kcb_weekly.htm

reviews: 16
6. Re: 2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

I'm curious to know where you ended up staying. We are going in August and looking intensely now for a rental unit.

7. Re: 2 br/2 ba, Marathon or Islamorada - w/ beach?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 10, 2014