We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day on Islamorada?

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
reviews: 6
One day on Islamorada?

My husband and I will be getting off a cruise in MIami on a monday in a few weeks, have rented a car for the day. FLy out of FLL at 9:30 pm, we want to travel down the keys, but not more than 2 hours from FLL area. We have been looking at Islamorada as a key to get to. We just want to enjoy the view, lounge in the sun, etc before we head back to MN. Is there public beaches? Places to swim? ANy advice would be great!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 32
11. Re: One day on Islamorada?

Anne's beach is not a natural beach. It was fill from a construction co many many many years ago that built up.

minnesota
12. Re: One day on Islamorada?

Thank you all for your tips! And my fellow MN friends! This was our dilemma, we had wanted to go to Marathon, but were concerned with the time we had, I think we will give it a shot though. We hope to be off the cruise by 9 am to get our rental car at MIA. Then we will head straight for the keys. I should have asked before what is the best route to take to enter the keys? So, if we head to marathon, and we need to be to FLL by 730 (flight leaves at 930 p,m) what time would you think we would need to head back from marathon, taking in consideration it will be a monday and maybe around rush hour?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
13. Re: One day on Islamorada?

With normal traffic it's only 2.5 hrs to FLL. On that route most of the rush hour is right around Kendall.

From the MIA airport - once you have your rental - follow the signs out - they are in the rental area and say "To Key West" which will drop you on the 836 and head West to the Turnpike - Turnpike South (again signs that say "To Key West" and "Homestead" this will end on US1 South and follow that straight to Marathon. (marathon is only 30 mins from the last Island of Islamorada)

minnesota
14. Re: One day on Islamorada?

Awesome, thank you!

Caracas
reviews: 132
15. Re: One day on Islamorada?

Have Bahia Honda beach nice and easy access to the water like Sombrero Beach? Or it's rocky?

Upstate New York
reviews: 2
16. Re: One day on Islamorada?

bahiahondapark.com/guests-photo-gallery.cfm

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
17. Re: One day on Islamorada?

The BH beach that faces the bridge = small rocks.

The one at the far east end = sandy.

Both are very easy access and the small rocks are easy to maneuver.

Edited: 5:40 pm, January 22, 2013
18. Re: One day on Islamorada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada