We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Islamorada weather???

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg...
reviews: 6
Christmas in Islamorada weather???

I am taking my two teenagers to Islamorada for Christmas week and I'm wondering, will it be warm enough to swim in the ocean and snorkel? I live in VA and know it'll be freezing here, so I'm hoping they'll be able to get in the water...

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
1. Re: Christmas in Islamorada weather???

It's already too chilly for most locals to swim. However, today the water is warmer then the air. (65 air temp as I type this BRRRR) You can head to the beach and see what I consider "brave" people swimming, but majority of those live closer to you then here. Point being - it's all what you are used to. If you have a heated pool it may be fine. No telling what weather will be like at Christmas - could be very warm or could be super chilly. Mixed bag.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
reviews: 13
2. Re: Christmas in Islamorada weather???

Plan to rent wetsuits for the snorkel trip. It will make everyone more comfortable.

As Blue notes, weather can be chilly OR not. No way to predict now but it will be better than VA.

Think about doing a swim with dolphins....

Edited: 9:58 am, November 20, 2012
Fredericksburg...
3. Re: Christmas in Islamorada weather???

Would love to swim with dolphins!! Where is a good place? I think I saw one at one of the Upper Keys resorts...

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
4. Re: Christmas in Islamorada weather???

There's one right there in Islamorada. Theater of The Sea, nice facility. Also in Key Largo at Dolphins Plus, Hawks Cay on Duck Key and Dolphin Research Center in Marathon. All are good. I would go with where you can get reservations. Hawks Cay is the only resort and it's in the Middle Keys.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
reviews: 13
5. Re: Christmas in Islamorada weather???

We've been to Dolphins Plus several times and had great experiences.

Fredericksburg...
6. Re: Christmas in Islamorada weather???

Thank you everyone for the great info and advice!

7. Re: Christmas in Islamorada weather???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada