We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Gulls Condominium

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 22
Sea Gulls Condominium

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to the Florida Keys for next July. After searching on VRBO we found what appears to be a very cute condo in the Sea Gulls Condominium Complex (Mile Marker 90). I am curious if anyone is familiar with this complex? We really are looking for a place that is clean, quiet, has a small beach and clean pool to relax at.

Are there a lot of activities and restaurants that people would recommend in Islamorada? We really would love to snorkel and I know that my soon-to-be-husband would like to do some scuba diving. Is Islamorada a good fit or would we be better suited for another key? I appreciate any insight that anyone can give me. Thanks!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 32
1. Re: Sea Gulls Condominium

Islamorada is great for snorkel/SCUBA. There are activities, yes. Are they what you are looking for? I have no idea since you didn't say other then snorkel what you like. Great restaurants and bars in the area.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
2. Re: Sea Gulls Condominium

We stayed at the Sea Gulls Condo complex last year & really enjoyed it. We also rented through VRBO & had a very nice end unit over looking the pool & the ocean. They were in the middle of re-painting the exterior of the building so some days there were workers & paint tarps around, but overall we really enjoyed it. It is a quiet building - and there are plenty of great places to eat & things to do around your area & about 9 miles south. You have to try out Morada Bay for sunset & cocktails (dinner too - food is great).....we haven't gone diving in Islamorada in a few years, but we used Ocean Quest to dive with & they too were great. Have fun & congratulations!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 22
3. Re: Sea Gulls Condominium

Many thanks to the both of you.

Bluewater, I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Thank you for your input on snorkeling/scuba. We love the outdoors and wildlife, so we would love to do some kayaking and hiking. Also, we would love to do some deep sea fishing but I am not sure if that will be in our budget. Additionally, I would love to do a little shopping. We will most likely also be eating out and visiting some of the local bars. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Imamick, I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed the Sea Gulls Complex. We will definitely check out Morada Bay. Thank you for your suggestion. May I ask what you thought of the beach at the complex. I know that the keys are not known for having huge beaches; however, was the beach at the complex big enough to sunbathe comfortably?

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
4. Re: Sea Gulls Condominium

I just realized that your a Chiagoan too....wow - you'll LOVE the Keys!!!!

Anyway, the complex has a nice beach area, though not the typical walk in beach you are used to in many other costal areas (you'll notice this throughout the Keys). There is a small walk in area at the complex at the far East end of the beach, but not one we went swimming or snorkeling from - just wading as it was a bit rocky. We opted to sun bathe by the pool, much nicer with tiki huts & tables, etc. I do have a few other bar/restaurants to recommend - places to eat: Lazy Days, The Green Turtle, Uncle's, Bob's Bunz (breakfast), Kaiyo.....to name a few - and for sunset & drinks also try the Lor-e-lei.....great mix of locals, fishing guides, tourists, and of course sunsets....and they pour a nice drink :) Pierre's is next to Morada Bay & is fine dining, though we've never had dinner there, stop in for a drink at the bar - it's a really nice place for a martini. If you need any more intel - I'd be happy to help. We just booked our next visit down there for late May & this time....were fishing more....can't wait!

Panama City Beach...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Sea Gulls Condominium

Wondering if you stayed at Sea Gulls and if you liked it.

Tennessee
reviews: 12
6. Re: Sea Gulls Condominium

We stayed at Sea Gulls condo in January for a week -- rented a 5th floor condo through VRBO. Quiet condo & area; lovely view of Atlantic ocean. Will stay there again. "Beach" is not sand but really chopped up coral -- that is what is found in alot of places in the Keys. Places with a sand beach are limited. Loved all the restaurants....

7. Re: Sea Gulls Condominium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada