We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how's Xmas?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando
how's Xmas?

Please help!! I'm thinking to go to Key west on Xmas for 1st time. Any special events going on? what to wear? Anything you know, tell me!!

Ypsilanti, Michigan
reviews: 1
1. Re: how's Xmas?

I am a local and I love Christmas here. I think Floridians overcompensate with decorating because so many of us are used to the old-fashioned snowy holiday up north...Key West is no exception to that, in fact we may even go over the top. The decorations of houses and businesses are plentiful and wide-spread. The local tour train company runs very festive holiday decoration tours complete with carrolling; there is a holiday parade in the middle of the month that goes down Duval Street, the restaurants host lavish Christmas dinners. If you stay for New Years there is a wonderful fireworks display at Higgs Beach.Christmas day is the magical day that begins one of the busiest 2 weeks of the year for businesses and high season in general. People pour in on Christmas day so it may be wise to shop around for places to stay if you need one. Things get all booked up quickly and prices are at high season rate.It will be warmer than Orlando, but it can still be chilly, sweater weather here, particularly at night. On the other hand it could be in the 80's.....hard to say. All in all, I reccomend it.

Cambridge England
reviews: 5
2. Re: how's Xmas?

We are staying at Windley Key from the 19th to 27th DEc this year, having first spent some time in Orlando. Having read your posting I'm now planning to bring a wider range of clothes...something to suit hot and cold! Is it likely to be rainy at all?Are most restaurants open over the Christmas period? I realise you are a local to Key West, but was hoping you may have a more general idea as well. We are planning a trip down to Key West, can you reccomend anywhere to eat? I'm worried that by the time we arrive in the Keys on the 19th all the restaurants and hotels will have booked up for eating on Christmas day. What do you think?I'd be really grateful for any hints you can give.Debbie