We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West in March

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 7
Key West in March

Will we be over run with "Spring breakers" during the third week in March? We're looking for sun and relaxation...some beach time and snorkeling.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Key West in March

In Florida all of March and most of April is a huge Spring Breaker time! Sorry!

New York
reviews: 65
2. Re: Key West in March

And while KW is a wonderful cold weather getaway, don't go expecting great beaches.

reviews: 21
3. Re: Key West in March

Re Springbreakers, the answer to your question is maybe. I go to Key West every year for about 10 days during the last part of March/early April, and your encounters with Springbreakers really depends upon what you want to do and when. Most college kids can't afford the more expensive Inns and B & B's and so if you stay away from the chain hotels, you will hardly notice them at least where you are staying.

The Springerbreakers tend to flock to Ricks, Sloppy Joes, and Irish Kevin's at night, so if you want an older crowd then spend your time someplace else.

There really aren't alot of great beaches on Key West, at least not associated with a hotel or inn. Most people snorkel off one of the charter boats that regularly travel to the reefs.

New York
reviews: 65
4. Re: Key West in March

To clarify a point made by Laby: springbreakers are not at a lot of guesthouses not just because of the expense. A lot of innkeepers won't rent to them because they are perceived as disruptive and destructive. You can always check with management regarding what their policies are. As for me, I have not had any problems with 'breakers and we are usually down during the early part of March. Not only do you get the 'breakers then, but the bikers riding down from bike week in Daytona.

Allentown, Pa
reviews: 2
5. Re: Key West in March

I will be in Key West in the 3rd week of March for a friend's wedding.We are staying at the Douglas House which does not allow anyone underthe age of 26. No springbreakers...Has anyone out there ever stayed at the Douglas House???