We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to the keys March 2005 for one week

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida keys
reviews: 1
Going to the keys March 2005 for one week

My Husband and I, our four kids,and our friends and their kid and another couple , 11 in total are going to the Keys in March for one week. I have done lots of digging on the internet for the best possible place to stay for your money and I was wondering if anybody out there could give me some advice. I would really appreciate it, as I am very confused. On the one hand the upper keys have more condos that hold that many people for not too bad a price, but the water is darker and more murky. We are looking for white sandy beaches and clear water to swim and snorkel in, which seems to be in or near key west but the pricing is out of our budget. So I was wondering if anybody could give us an idea of a reasonable spot to go like somewhere in the middle to lower keys maybe. We would like a pool and if possible a beach nearby(preferably in walking distance). Also if anyone knows which of the four dolphin swims are the best, because it's been a long time dream of my daughters and myself. From what I've read, Dolphin's Plus has a good program, then I'm only reading about it. To make this all possible, we have to be budget conscious, so if you have any input ,we would be extreamly grateful!!!

gratefully yours: DeeDee

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: Going to the keys March 2005 for one week

KEY WEST ONLY!!!!!

Do you relize the dates you have are during Spring Break. So you would need to book now and also really shop for pricing. Under 18 there won't be that much at NIGHT for them. Your best bet with a few people and having to walk basically everywhere is stay on Duval or close to it, OR if they are more just into the beaches stay on the Beach Side which will also cost you less.

I suggest the first day being in KeyWest after being settled is to take the train or trolley tour so you can get a GOOD over view of the land and everyone can figure out what they want to do.

Also, don't miss Mallory Square at Sunset, that will be fun for all the ages in your party.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
2. Re: Going to the keys March 2005 for one week

Depending upon the ages of the kids, consider the Marathon area. It is in the middle keys, and is considerabley more laid back - family oriented that KW.

Marathon has Sombero beach, and most places have a pool. Plenty of good places to eat, and is only 1 hour from KW by car.

That being said - Love KW and would get there for at least a day - or 2 - depending upon the ages of your kids. The sunset festival has enough going on for anyone from 5 - 100 years old.

Guelph, ON
reviews: 12
3. Re: Going to the keys March 2005 for one week

I'm also trying to decide where to stay for March 2005 with our family. I've narrowed it down to the Marathon area and am trying to decide which resort will provide the amenities we're looking for. Grassey Key Resort and Seashell Beach Resort are on my short list. I was leaning toward renting a timeshare (Reef Resort), but it looks very small and too close to the busy highway. I sympathize with you...making a decision about where to stay is hard!