We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West - getting oriented

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Verona
reviews: 1
Key West - getting oriented

We don't plan to have a car - any recommendations for the best upscale hotel which is well located for walking around, restaurants, etc.?

Thanks,

G

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 83
1. Re: Key West - getting oriented

The Marqusa Hotel or The Gardens would be my two top picks. If you want a more typical hotel, look at Ocean Key House.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Key West - getting oriented

I agree with SDT on the Gardens and Marquesa. Ocean Key is wonderful, but the grounds are not my style. The Hyatt Resort is also worth a look. With only two days, these are well located near a great many fabulous restaurants.

Lockport, IL
reviews: 20
3. Re: Key West - getting oriented

We have never stayed at The Gardens, but we walk by it several times each trip. I think the grounds are just beautiful and the location is great. I've looked at prices before and they aren't bad compared to Ocean Key.

Have fun!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 56
4. Re: Key West - getting oriented

Two which will give you access to a private beach

http://t.casamarinaresort.com/

http://www.pierhouse.com/. (But I don't care for their new web page. Dig around a little in there)

Pjk

South Jersey
reviews: 64
5. Re: Key West - getting oriented

For upscale and being able to walk around my first choice would be Ocean Key followed by the Hyatt.

New Jersey
6. Re: Key West - getting oriented

We stayed at two high-end places

Casa Marina... at southern end of Duval. Action is north.

Westin... right in the heart of everything fun...

I can give you all the details and answers you need... but give them a google first.

Verona
7. Re: Key West - getting oriented

Thanks

Verona
8. Re: Key West - getting oriented

Thanks

Milwaukee, WI
reviews: 42
9. Re: Key West - getting oriented

OTBW. Was Casa Marina ok? I know it's dated but prices are large all over during our time there 3/7 - 3/12 and I was able to book Casa on Hilton points.

Please give the real deal - is it ok or real disappointing?

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
10. Re: Key West - getting oriented

The Casa Marina is a lovely property. Rooms in the old/original section are far superior, so book one of those if at all possible. Grounds are gorgeous! Don't worry about the property being appropriate, as it's hard not to like.

Still, while walking to lots of stuff is very possible, it's a hike to the Bight and most of the live music venues.

Great restaurants in closest proximity will be Salute and Louie's Backyard. Flaming Bouy is a few blocks further, but an easy stroll.

There's a cab stand right there and renting bikes is a great way to get around.

If you got in to the Casa Marina on points, you have done very well!

Edited: 10:21 am, January 25, 2014