We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pina Colada in Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bellefonte...
Best Pina Colada in Key West

My husband and I will heading to Key West for our first time, over Labor Day weekend. We're always in search of the BEST Pina Colada (fresh ingredients, not the stuff from mixes, with fresh pineapple, finely shredded coconut and a cherry, of course!)

Any suggestions?

Attleboro...
reviews: 8
11. Re: Best Pina Colada in Key West

I was going to say the Hilton as well. I just read the thread that said no more Hilton. Well I hope Jimmy stays on and keeps making the fresh rum runners. Ive seen him make the pina colada.....yummmm, but i was hooked on the rum runner!

ive been trying to duplicate it, but i havent yet...

coconut rum

light rum

banana liquor

i think it was cranberry and pineapple juice

and a nice floater of dark rum.

oh and dont forget the orange slice along the pineapple and cherry!

I'm drewling

Summerland Key...
12. Re: Best Pina Colada in Key West

The same people will be operating it, so hopefully nothing will change on the deck other than the name on the building.

Benton, Arkansas
reviews: 4
13. Re: Best Pina Colada in Key West

Okay, I am slow on response. The Flying Monkey had a Pina Colada in which you could taste and feel the little chunks of Pineapple and of Coconut. It was the only one in Key West that was like that. Mine did not have a cherry, however. I am sure they'd put one on for you!

Bellefonte...
14. Re: Best Pina Colada in Key West

Wow everyone, thank you so much for all of the great suggestions! Now I'll have to go to each one of these places to see which one really makes the best Pina Colada. It's a tough job but one which I am sure I am up for!!

Summerland Key...
15. Re: Best Pina Colada in Key West

We'll expect a full report when you return.

Bellefonte...
16. Re: Best Pina Colada in Key West

Absolutely, I'll post the full report upon my return. If I can still type, that is =)

I gotta tell ya, I am really stoked about this trip. I've never been to Key West but it's been on my "list" for years. I love hot, tropical locations with beautiful ocean views and great sunsets/sunrises. Total paradise! I think it comes from watching way too much Love Boat and Fantasy Island as a kid! I'm looking forward to finding a kick@ss tiki hut style outdoor bar with a great view and taking in the sights, sounds and smells. Now hopefully there won't be ANY hurricanes or tropical storms!

17. Re: Best Pina Colada in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Key West