We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

key west new years eve 2013

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
il
key west new years eve 2013

My husband and I in our mid forties will be staying in kw dec 31 to jan 2, after four days in Marathon. I have already decided to plan on the wench drop but could anyone give a suggestion for great new years eve dining? Would prefer something local not chain and does not need to be "fine" dining just good fresh food in a casual atmosphere. Also doe anything go on on New Years day besides recovery? Any suggestions for casual brunch preferably outside dining. This is not our first trip to kw but first trip alone as a couple and we don't have to take friends to all the must see places and want to get off the beaten path. Thank you.

Altoona...
1. Re: key west new years eve 2013

My friends and I love Red Fish Blue Fish and I suspect that is where we will eat that night since we will be there that week. Not really off the beaten path, but good food in a casual setting and very reasonably priced.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
2. Re: key west new years eve 2013

A lot of the restaurants will have a NYE fixed menu and you will need reservations. If it were me I would start at the Half Shell for some oysters, shrimp and beer. Then head to the SWB for a few more drinks and listen to some good music. This is also where the Wench is droped, from the top of a schooners mast docked in front of the SWB.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 75
3. Re: key west new years eve 2013

To try to avoid crowds I would look at smaller places, away from Duval. Azur or Flaming Bouy are 2 that I like.

rmolly
reviews: 3
4. Re: key west new years eve 2013

What is SWB?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
5. Re: key west new years eve 2013

Look at the brunch at Bistro 245, the restaurant associated with the Westin. You can sit outside facing the ocean down from theMallorydocks.

SWB ---> Schooner Wharf Bar

Pjk

Chester County, PA
reviews: 7
6. Re: key west new years eve 2013

We have had good NYE dinners at Roof Top Café. Get reservations early - as in now and as a time wherever you go for dinner. It's a madhouse that night and we've known people to have reservations at 8 that had to run to get to where they wanted to be when whatever dropped. We have had great success making rese-s for 6.

Key West
reviews: 6
7. Re: key west new years eve 2013

Schooner Wharf Bar

8. Re: key west new years eve 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 21, 2014