We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 2
Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

Hey all..

Boyfriend and I are staying in the Keys for two nights after 5 nights in downtown miami. This is our itinerary for the two days, weather permitting:

10/17

-Key Largo Princess Glass Bottom Boat

-???

10/18

-Lattitudes Restaurant or Southernmost Beach Cafe

-Sunset at Mallory Square

-Better Than Sex Dessert Resaturant

-Ghosts and Gravestones Tour

10/19

-Drive back to Miami to catch a evening flight back home

I have booked a king room at Lime Tree Bay Resort. The reviews seem to be mostly positive but that could just be mostly because of the scenery. Now, I am not sure if we should stay there or at the Holiday Inn Express in Marathon. Can anyone weigh in on this? (We are in our early to mid 20's, budget is around $100-$160/night)

Edited: 1:34 pm, August 31, 2013
6 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
1. Re: Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

For 10/18 most people want to go to Lattitudes to have dinner on the beach and watch the sunset from there, so you wouldn't be able to combine this with sunset at Mallory Square. You could do lunch there, watch the sunset from Mallory Square, then have a late dinner and then dessert at Better Than Sex. This still leaves the tour to fit in somewhere.

Pjk

New York City, New...
2. Re: Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

Thanks for the reply Pjk, that is actually our plan.. lunch at Latitudes or Southernmost and then exploring, sunset at Mallory Square, dessert and then the 9pm ghost tour.

South Jersey
reviews: 65
3. Re: Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

I would spend two nights in Key West and do the glass bottom boat there or in Key Largo on the way down or back. Take a leisurely drive through the keys and take in some sights each way.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 37
4. Re: Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

That should work. Go for Lattitudes for a late lunch and you will be the short boat ride to mallory square for sunset.

Pjk

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
5. Re: Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

Lime Tree Bay is a great little place - but do keep in mind there isn't anything else right there. So the water is what you've got. If you need a bar - take a quick drive or choose else where. Holiday Inn would be closer for your ride back from KW tho. But, it's a Holiday Inn, no surprises.

Def Latitudes over Southernmost.

New York City, New...
6. Re: Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay

Link to my trip report: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k693049…

Reply to: Two nights in the Keys-need advice on choosing place to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted