We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flanders, NJ
reviews: 21
Deep sea fishing

I know it is a long way off, May 2014, but my wife and I plus another couple will be heading to town and I was thinking of going fishing for the day or half day charter. I would like to get some feedback on charters and how far in advance would I need to book. There will only be two of us fishing and we are looking for a more private charter than a big party boat. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

reviews: 3
1. Re: Deep sea fishing

Kingbird Charters. Very professional, very personable, KNOW WHERE THE FISH ARE, never had a bad trip with them.

Reading...
2. Re: Deep sea fishing

Kingbird Charters , good dudes!!

Averill Park, New...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Deep sea fishing

Just booked with Kingbird charters for an upcoming September trip because of the reviews on here. Seemed very good for set up and there rates are very competative. If I get a chance I will do a review when we get back.

Flanders, NJ
reviews: 21
4. Re: Deep sea fishing

One more thing, I assume we would need a license. Do they have a one day or two day license for people on vacation?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
5. Re: Deep sea fishing

Kingbirds license carries over to you. If you fish with them you don't need your own.

And yes, you can get your own license for just a few days if you want to fish on your own. You go online, they give you a number, that is your license. You can even purchase it today and have the start date whenever. Google for FWC saltwater license for exact address.

Edited: 9:07 am, August 28, 2013
Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
reviews: 22
6. Re: Deep sea fishing

What Bluewater said. If you're fishing with a licensed Charter, like Kingbird, their license covers you, so you don't need a license.

If you want to fish from shore, or in your own boat, call 888-347-4356.

You'll need a drivers license, a pen and paper, and a credit card. You can call today for a license ANY time in the future. If you give them enough time, you can get a paper license in the mail. All you really need is the customer number that they'll give you.

As an side, I've also fished with Kingbird several times. Good guys, and they have always put me over fish.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 40
7. Re: Deep sea fishing

A friend of mine lives in Key West and he likes Cowboy Charters, just in case ---> tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34345-d20…

Pjk

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
8. Re: Deep sea fishing

Kingbird Charters is who I use, we always catch (a lot ) fish and have a great time.

9. Re: Deep sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 30, 2014