We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a bus/trolley service?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 33
Is there a bus/trolley service?

Hi - I am planning a trip to KW for late March/early April 2014, and trying to factor in location of accommodations. I know that it's easy to walk/bike everywhere, and I'm not concerned about additional walking, but more about saving some time (I'm a fast walker, but DH is not, so a 3 mile walk could take us an hour or more). Is there some sort of trolley service available?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 54
1. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

There's City View ---> http://www.cityviewtrolleys.com/ a hop-on / hop-off trolley

Pjk

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

In addition to the trolley mentioned above, there is city bus service and plentiful cabs. Also, if you select a hotel in New Town, the Old Town Trolley serves that area. My sense is that trolleys are not a great choice for day to day getting around, although a tour is highly recommended.

Bike riding is relatively easy, especially if you stay off major streets and absent that, cabs are going to be the most convenient/easiest physically/better price than a trolley. Island Comfort Mobility is also a resource for assistance with mobility challenges and might be able to hook you up with a mode of transportation that works for your situation.

My suggestin for your stay is to find a spot in Old Town near to some of the places you most want to see and plan to visit. Somewhere near the Historic Harbor Walk, perhaps? Hotels like the Hyall, Pier House, Ocean Key and Westin are good places to start looking.

Northumberland...
reviews: 74
3. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

Is there a bus or trolly that goes to or near any of the other beaches? The one at southern most cafe or ft zach or higgs beach? Can you take a stroller on the trolley or bus?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 54
4. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

If this map come up, cityviewtrolleys.com/keywest/KeyWest_PDF/CV-…

Stop #3 for For Zach

Stop #5 for the Southermnost Cafe and a block away from the Southernmost Point

Stop #4 for Higgs Beach.

After Higgs it loops back, unlike the Old Town Trolley which goes out farther to approx the airport before swinging back.

Pjk

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
5. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

Yes, you can take a fold up stroller on the trolley or bus. You can also take a bike on the bus, but if you call a cab with a bike be sure to tell them.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
6. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

While the Trolley tours are nice, they are not very economical for everyday transportation. Old Town Trolley has an offer, ride one day, get the next day free. The Public bus that has stops by the beaches, or cabs, and all of the great ideas mentioned above. If your visit is an extended on, you may even want to look into renting a car.

conn
reviews: 119
7. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

Cabs are reasonable to use,some hotels have shuttles to downtown,walking to most places downtown is not bad.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
8. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

This is an awesome site, showing "steps" from one place to another.

http://keyweststeps.com/

reviews: 23
9. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

Note that if you use stop 3 on the City Trolley tour for Ft Zach's beach, it is still a long walk to the beach, especially in the heat. Several taxis passed us on our walk from the trolley stop, and I was tempted to hail one. The walk is mostly in the sun. For me, I will either drive or get a taxi next time. However, the City Trolley is highly recommended. We'll definitely choose that one again.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 139
10. Re: Is there a bus/trolley service?

The city buss is extremely reliable and efficient. Nice a/c. You can get a weekly pass for something like $8. By far the most economical means of getting around besides walking. Look up Keywesttransit.com. A one way fare will set you back just $2 per person.