We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West at Christmas

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland
reviews: 3
Key West at Christmas

Would like to take my daughter to see Key West at Christmas, probably can't schedule trip until a week or so after Christmas, I would imagine lights are still up?

11 replies to this topic
Dallas,Texas
reviews: 10
1. Re: Key West at Christmas

Don't know about the lights but Christmas is a great time to be in Key West. That is our favorite time to go if you plan your trip before or after Xmas. During the Christmas week it can get very pricey. Temps are usually very nice and less crowding.

NC
reviews: 17
2. Re: Key West at Christmas

We haven't been back to KW at Christmas time since the 90's, but it is a beautiful time of year. Right after NY the hotel rates went down a bit. This would be a good time to start checking prices.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
3. Re: Key West at Christmas

The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest of the year, so you might want to reconsider your timing. A week or two before Christmas will give you all the lights and much better rates/availability.

Good luck!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
4. Re: Key West at Christmas

I agree with Steps. A week or two before Christmas, the lights will be up and there will be trolley tours to see the lights around town. Once Christmas is over, the focus is on NYE, and the week between is crazy busy!!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 71
5. Re: Key West at Christmas

I was there Dec. 27th through Jan. 1st last year. And yes it was the most crowded I've ever scene KW. But it didn't effect us. As long as you make your dinner and tour reservations in advance no problems. Also highly recommend flying into KW as traffic is usually crazy this time of year. We stayed at the seascape and rented bikes. No problem with crowds.

cleveland
reviews: 3
6. Re: Key West at Christmas

Thanks for the info, need airline tickets to come down, running 450 a piece right now for the week that my daughter has off of school!

key west
reviews: 14
7. Re: Key West at Christmas

Laurel, that's a good price. About what I paid to akron last week.

Northumberland...
reviews: 38
8. Re: Key West at Christmas

This sounds fun!!! How is the weather in december? What all christmas things do they do there? Do they do anything for kids? A breakfast with santa or santa anywhere?

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
9. Re: Key West at Christmas

There are lots of special events in December, but the big issue is finding accommodations during that time. If you can find a place to stay, then in December there are trolley tours of the lights, caroling tours, Historic Inn Tours on two weekends, the Christmas parade where all the floats throw candy, the Lighted Boat Parade, The Historic Harbor has a party night, and on and on it goes.... It's a magical time in Key West!!

Dublin, OH
reviews: 17
10. Re: Key West at Christmas

We're going this year Dec. 21-28. First time at that time of year. Can't wait.

Reply to: Key West at Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted