We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 7
Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

I am a teacher and have a late spring break this year. It is in mid-April (ending with Friday being Good Friday). Do spring breakers (college kids) take over Key West at this time? My husband and I have not been to Key West before. Thanks!

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
11. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

We have been in KW at Easter for over 20 years, as we use to have to follow the school schedule. We have never been bothered by spring breakers.

Massachusetts
reviews: 153
12. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

You sound like you won't be hanging out very long on Duval. That's where the wilder bars are, fun for a bit but we like a calmer more laid back atmosphere of The Bight. Lots of bars and restaraunts (many with music), right on the marina and a fun/chill atmosphere. That's where we will be headed in 6 weeks!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
13. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

Easter bring the families to Key West. There will be kids, but that isn't necessarily a negative. It's a busy time of year, but not crazy busy, and Spring Breakers usually are gone. The weather is great, and I wouldn't hesitate to come at that time of the year.

Mass
reviews: 41
14. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

I'm heading back to key west for Labor Day weekend and that will be my 4th time in just under 2 years and there is always something new and fun. I call key west spring break for adults. A more mature party crowd. I've never seen a fight in my 5 visits. Food is incredible. Key west is so laid back and what liberalism should be, a very excepting crowd. The flats fishin is the best in the world. I'm straight but the gay population ads so much to the character color and art that makes the city great. There is so much good live music it spoils you. You will go home and wish you could just find one band like you hear in key west.

Miami, Florida
reviews: 8
15. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

Geoff, we'll be there for Labor Day Weekend too. Counting down the days!

U.S.A.
reviews: 27
16. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

I am planning my Easter 2014 trip (Key West or Las Vegas or Los Angeles)...April 18 is Good Friday, and April 22 is Earth Day...and, yes, April 20---four twenty---is Easter. That's going to be a wild weekend SOMEwhere, just got to figure out where.

Edited: 3:08 pm, August 21, 2013
Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
17. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

We brought both of our kids this past Easter for their 1st visit. We got in on Saturday, the day before Easter. I have never seen it so "slow"....it was nice. Most, if not all, of the college kids were gone by then. From what friends who live & work there told me, if we were there a week earlier we would have had to stay away from certain areas...even during the day.

18. Re: Are "spring-breakers" a negative in mid-April/Easter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 24, 2014