We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
1 post
Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

Can anyone recommend a resort in Key West that has a zero grade entry pool for handicap access? I will be visiting Key West and hoping to find that type pool as unable to walk in sand beach and to go in ocean. Will also need accessable accomodations.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

The Doubletree does. It also has a lift at the entrance and the shuttle is accessible. I'm sure they have rooms that are too. Other hotels may have lifts. I know the Hyatt has one in the pool.

Edited: 12:48 am, June 28, 2013
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

The free public Martin Luther Community pool has a lift and also seems to have a hoist for access to the water.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
30,780 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

The Pier House has a lift for the pool, too.

Pjk

boston, MA
Level Contributor
208 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

I believe a law passed about three years ago in Florida required all hotel pools to put a lift in. The day dawned and most had not. There was a bit of a grace period extended, but I would think it has long passed. Sunset Key has a beautiful zero entry pool, but their boats might be tricky depending on which is running. It's also very pricey out there.

yo. oh
Level Contributor
295 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

Hyatt Beach House has a great zero entry pool - also has a lift. They have 1 full HC accessible unit and 3 partial HC accessible units. Depending on the number of people traveling with you, the accommodations may be larger than you need as all units there are 2 bedroom/2bath - they also have a full kitchen and a nice large balcony.

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
752 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

The Marriott Beachside resort has a lift into both the pool and another into the hot tub / spa. Being a Marriott I imagine disabled access through the rest of the resort would be good.

They run a shuttle bus into old town every hour, but I haven't ever noticed wheelchair facilities in the bus. It may have. That may be the only down side, having to get into old town.

It's a nice resort, away from the noise of old town with good facilities. If you can, get what they call a 1 bed suite. They are sooooo much bigger than the standard rooms, and the standard rooms are very dark, with only a window onto the corridors - no view at all.

Edited: 1:58 am, June 30, 2013
7. Re: Handicap access - zero grade entry pool in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key West