We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Key or The Gardens? Sept 10-14

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairhope, Alabama
reviews: 92
Ocean Key or The Gardens? Sept 10-14

oops, the title should have said The garden Hotel. I'm can't decide on whether to stay at Ocean Key and be right there for the water sports we plan to do and all that goes with that area or to try a B&B for the first time. The Gardens Hotel looks great and includes breakfast, on th other hand, the Ocean Key looks great. At Ocean key we would have the basic room with a balcony and at the Gardens a garden courtyard room.

Has anybody actually stayed at both that can provide some feedback? I understand the differences and locations. I just haven;t been able to make the final choice so i can get booked.

It is an anniversary trip. Thanks for your help.

Edited: 4:36 pm, June 27, 2013
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
1. Re: Ocean Key or The Gardens? Sept 10-14

I do a lot of water sports and stay just across the street from the Ocean Key partly the convenience of being close to the boats, but staying at the Gardens Hotel on Angela wouldn't be that much of a difference. The two are different and I think you should decide based on whether you want a nice, larger hotel vs. a smaller, more intimate one.

Pjk

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 75
2. Re: Ocean Key or The Gardens? Sept 10-14

Personally, I think B&Bs like The Gardens are what make Key West special. Something about the historic homes, lush gardens and atmosphere that is unique here. Ocean Key is a great place, but you can stay at a resort on the water anywhere in the world.

It is really personal taste, but I always remember my first visit here many years ago ( more then I care to admit!), I stayed in a back garden room at The Duval House and sitting on my balcony, overlooking the lush trees and gardens, with my French doors open, I knew this was a special place and have been hooked ever since!

Western...
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 3
3. Re: Ocean Key or The Gardens? Sept 10-14

We like the B & B's we aren't big on the beach and don't need to look out at the water all day. It really is up to you and what meets your needs.

PJ

4. Re: Ocean Key or The Gardens? Sept 10-14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 30, 2014