We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sf bay area
reviews: 32
6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Hi..2 adults, 2 teens (13,15). Never been to key west before. Love the grounds of Parrot Key, but I'm reading it's in New Town, and people tend to prefer Old Town. We like quiet resorts, and beach. I know there's no beach at Parrot Key, but there is at Casa Marina. Should we split the 6 nights at both in order to experience Key West better?

Key West, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

stay at the Casa....you will enjoy being there

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
2. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

I agree, just stay at the Casa Marina.

It's a nice hotel with a nice beach in a quiet naborhood but close enough to anything you want to do.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 73
3. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

I would agree that the Casa Marina is better for location and your desire for a beach. Parrot Key is nice, but really has no beach to speak of. Keep in mind none of the beaches here are great, but Casa has one of the better, larger ones.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 33
4. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Another vote for Casa Marina. I love the resort and the location is much better than Parrot Key.

arkansas
5. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Casa Marina

Reading...
6. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Parrot Key is nice, but being your first time to KW , i'd opt for Casa Marina , it brings you closer to the KW vibe.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 33
7. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Casa

boston, MA
reviews: 18
8. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Splurge to Sunset Key/westin. Two bedroom, and call them to negotiate vs online pricing. You never have to pay for breaky of coffee, you get a full kitchen you can buy food to fill for teenage snacking(more $$ saved). In the end, it comes close to a wash. And its REALLY nice. Otherwise, Casa or Reach. Parrot is just too far away from things to do... for teenagers.

sf bay area
reviews: 32
9. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

So we got back from our vacation. Loved Parrot Key...didn't like Casa Marina - go figure! I think that after spending our first 3 nights in Parrot Key, and having a 2 story townhome, when we went to Casa, we felt super cramped. Great view, but I think that's the only thing you are paying for. Casa was also super expensive for a not-so-great dinner. $20 bucks for an overcooked burger?? Breakfast buffet was just so-so also. Over cooked omelet, blah!

Parrot Key location was not ideal, but the quiet setting was perfect for us.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback, but if I could pick up Parrot Key, and drop it at Casa Marina's location...that would be the perfect hotel, lol.

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
10. Re: 6 nights - Parrot Key or Casa Marina - or both?

Thanks for letting us know how you liked it!