We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mt Horeb WI
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

One!! Boo!,

We arrive Friday and the weather.com forecast says storms every day anywhere from 30 to 60% chance. I really hope they mean the short lived daily tropical type. It's been storming daily here in Wisconsin for a week and we need to build an arc. Was hoping for a bit more sun. Sigh. Fingers crossed.

Edited: 6:59 am, June 26, 2013
Flanders, NJ
Level Contributor
241 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

Heading down Sunday and saw the same thing. Hopefully they mean the quick 10 minutes island storms! Have a safe trip.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

1) Worrying about the weather is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.

2) It'll rain. It rains somewhere in the the keys almost daily.

3) Relax, you're not in WI. You're in the keys.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

Why are people surprised that rain is likely during the rainy season in Florida?

My bet is you will still get plenty of sun and have a nice time, but if anyone is reading this and thinking of visiting from June through September, please don't visit if a strong chance of rain will ruin your trip.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
1 review
4. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

You are on a small island so if there is a 30% chance of a thunder storm there is a 70% chance it will miss you.

Thunder Storms come and go, it is not likeley it will rain all day. When a storm hits just duck into the closest bar and have a drink and watch it rain. When the storm is over continue on with your day.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

What bottomtime said. Those are words of wisdom in KW during rainy season.

NewHampshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
6. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

I'll trade places with you!

A rainy day in KW is preferable to a rainy day in NH, by far!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
29,593 posts
61 reviews
7. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

1) look tomorrow and the %'ages will change. Repeat 'till Friday.

2) Ignore 30% or lower. Ignore 40% if you want.

3) …smugmug.com/Travel/…20107-L.jpg

Pjk

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
544 posts
64 reviews
8. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

I used to watch the weather constantly prior to our trips. About 5 years ago I stopped because there is so much to do rain or shine. Some of our most memorable times have come from things that happen when the weather isn't picture perfect.

When we were there over Easter the news & newspaper said 50-60% chance of rain every day...it rained once & was sunny the other 7 days.

It's all what you make of the situation.

Have fun, rain or shine.

Edited: 10:23 am, June 26, 2013
MI
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

According to accuweather, it says "a thunderstorm in spots, a thunderstorm in the morning, and a couple of thunderstorms". 30%-60% chance means it's only a chance that it will storm sometime during the day, it does not mean that it will will all day every day. This is common all summer in KW. Stop looking at the weather forecast and look forward to your vacation. You will welcome the shower every day to cool off. Enjoy your trip!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
118 reviews
10. Re: Whaaaaaaa. Forecast for the next 10 says rain every day but

I agree, don't worry. I can't count the number of times I've been on the phone with family in IL who feel bad that our trip is being ruined because their weather forecast looks like rain/storms in FL and it wasn't even cloudy where we were. I've decided the Midwest forecasts do that on purpose to make us think it's always lousy weather everywhere else :-)