We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West in August

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 15
Key West in August

Hello,

I am thinking of vacationing in Key West for the first time this August. As a newcomer, I have two questions:

1. What is the weather like in August in Key West? I know it's hurricane season and I'm worried we are picking the wrong time to visit.

2. I am traveling with my fiance and we are looking for an upscale hotel with a romantic vibe. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I would love beach access or, at the very least, a lux pool.

Thanks!

jbgleo

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
reviews: 30
1. Re: Key West in August

It is hot and very humid. But it's a great time for the water activities as it is usually very calm, keeping the water crystal clear and just beautiful. If you can handle the humidity you may like it.

Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
2. Re: Key West in August

We visit in August every year and love it. As bluewater said..its hot & humid, but not unbearable. As for the hotels, look into Casa Marina, The Reach, Pier House, or Sunset Key.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 66
3. Re: Key West in August

It is also the rainy season, so expect a good chance of rain. You can still get plenty of sun, but as people visiting in early June this year discovered, you can also get several days of rain. Hurricane season is also a potential problem. I would recommend trip insurance.

Deception Island
reviews: 1
4. Re: Key West in August

Hot 88-89 degrees, humid 80%?, brief daily showers, chance of a hurricane which could bring extended rains and evacuation. How's it sounding?

Many people do enjoy it though, just be prepared!

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
5. Re: Key West in August

We have been in August, we like it. It will be like everyone else has said. It will be hot (88-90), it will be humid (70-80%) and it will most likeley rain for a short time in the afternoon / evening.

For a nice hotel with a nice beach look at the Casa Marina or The Reach.

Edited: 8:04 am, June 26, 2013
Reading...
6. Re: Key West in August

August is hot and sticky, but I don't mind that. Showers are possible , as they are always in the Keys.

Casa Marina , The Reach Resort, Southernmost on the Beach are on the water. Lemer and Dewey House, is a quiant B&B on the water and IMO pretty romantic. Ocean Key is my fave place to stay in Key West it's on the water with an awesome pool but no beach.

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 81
7. Re: Key West in August

We are going in mid September and for a romantic place have chosen the Gardens Hotel.

8. Re: Key West in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 29, 2014