We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 15
Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

staying in mid July for 3 nights in Key West with wife and 2 children- 18 and 21. Debating which place to stay at- have a suite booked at Casa Marina but am concerned about some of the tripadvisor reviews. Any input as to these 2 hotels would be appreciated.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 42
1. Re: Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

The Casa has a better, larger pool and a nice, smaller one which is usually chilled when it's hot. It also has a nicer, larger beach and you are next to Higgs Beach and the White Street pier and the botanical garden.

The Pier House has a better location at 1 Duval Street with a nice beach and beach-side bar. It is closer to such things as the Sunset Celabtation at Mallory Square, the happy hours at the Key West Bight, and most of the water-relayed activites - sunset sails, snorkeling, etc, although the Casa has a watersports place on the grounds. You can check in at the Pier House and not worry about driving or cabbing for the length of your stay.

But if your stay includes a weekend it's likely too late to switch.

Pjk

Edited: 5:33 pm, June 25, 2013
Williamsville, New...
reviews: 47
2. Re: Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

We stayed at Casa Marina & it was nice...but for the $ I would have thought their beds would be more comfortable than my college dorm bed. That is my only 'complaint' about the place.

Lake Orion, Michigan
reviews: 6
3. Re: Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

Heard that Pier House is charging $21 a day for parking now.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 75
4. Re: Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

Whenever I have more people visit then I can accommodate at my home, they usually stay at The Casa Marina and have always been happy. I think it is the nicer property.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 33
5. Re: Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

I also think Casa Marina is the better property and the bed we had in our room in February was very comfortable. No complaints at all with the Casa. Nothing beats Pier House for location, but we really enjoyed our stay at Casa a lot more than I thought we would.

reviews: 3
6. Re: Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

Whichever you choose, I would recommend staying the whole trip at only one hotel.

7. Re: Which hotel- Pier House or Casa Marina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 29, 2014