We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Roll Call

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.S.A.
reviews: 28
Thanksgiving Roll Call

OK, I know I originally posted that I was headed back to Key West in late October/early November. Well, cancel that. I've decided to do November 25-December 4.

So, anyone else planning a Key West Thanksgiving?

Rochester, NY
reviews: 9
41. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

29 degrees if we are lucky! Lol

That's why I'm sure I won't have a problem convincing my honey to go to Key West;)

U.S.A.
42. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

*Wonder where there's a good Thanksgiving dinner (lunch) November 28?

*Appears (from another thread) Jack Flats is the spot to watch all the Thanksgiving games (college football/ESPN junkie here).

*I've been to Key West three times, and have yet to go deep-sea fishing---Anyone down there during my stay going fishing? Want a third wheel along (I'll be on my best behavior, I promise...maybe).

*Definitely doing the Ghost and Gravestones tour again one evening...and Hemingway House and the Aquarium again.

U.S.A.
43. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

14 weeks (sounds better than 103 days).

South Louisiana
reviews: 3
44. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

Be there the Friday before Thanksgiving until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving....looking forward to it.

U.S.A.
45. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

Anyone spend last Thanksgiving on the Island? How was it? What should we expect?

Key West, Florida
reviews: 2
46. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

We've been on the Rock for the past 4 Thanksgivings and will be again this year. It's always great fun, of course!

As far as T'day dinner goes, check out a variety of menus and venues and be sure to make your reservations a few days (at least) ahead. Most places will advertise the week/weekend before and it's fun to see what interesting things are being offered.

Weather is generally lovely, although we've had a bit of rain here and there too.

It doesn't seem overcrowded at all, although there are a number of Florida vacationers over the long weekend.

U.S.A.
47. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

KeyWestSteps,

Appreciate the feedback!

Boston...
reviews: 45
48. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

We were there last year. The weather was nice and sunny, but very windy!! If you were in the shade, you definitely wanted a jacket.

We had our thanksgiving dinner at Bistro 245. It was a buffet and it was just okay. Huge selection, but suffering from the typical problems of a buffet (dry and lukewarm food). Honestly I only booked it because it allowed us to have dinner in the late afternoon...we wanted to be watching football at our normal dining time!

This year we'll do a sit down dinner somewhere.

Walking around KW on Turkey Day was weird because it was so quiet. It was like having KW to ourselves (not a bad thing!). Friday, everything was back in full swing again!

U.S.A.
49. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

Cubechick, thank you too...I assume I'll be in a bar on Thanksgiving Day, so the quiet streets won't really bother me that much...suppose I'll play it by ear.

I think last year shortly before Thanksgiving, I received a few e-mails from restaurants/bars in Key West that invited me to their businesses for the holiday. Some type of specials going on, I recall. Wonder if they'll invite me down this November 28...I'll keep you posted.

Boston...
reviews: 45
50. Re: Thanksgiving Roll Call

Thanks! Love to hear of any specials you get wind of!

Get answers to your questions about Key West